Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Re: Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Post by djp952 »

June 2020 appears to be heading toward that rare (and welcome) milestone of not having a "dot release" for this addon. I have literally nothing of value outside of updating the Matrix addon for the new API, which I made a small tweak on tonight, and will probably send out a beta for Matrix seekers in a day or two.

Both active "Development Backlog" items have been squashed due to feasibility problems (you can check out the first few posts of this thread for those) after proper investigation and will be removed soon, so all I have are FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) updates for SQLite and cURL that add nothing.

I did address an extremely rare, and by "extremely rare" I mean nobody has ever mentioned it to me and I've seen it maybe 3 times in my thousands and thousands of test runs where you might get a benign "database locked" error trying to get the last played position of a recording if your mouse just happens to be hovering over a recording on the "TV" home page when Kodi is starting up. If anyone is interested, the next version will pre-open five database connections instead of just one -- the lock was occurring opening a new connection when the moon is waxing on Friday the 13th between the hours of 22:00:10 and 22:00:11 whilst there is a thunderstorm within 22 miles, and your storage device happens to be particularly slow at that exact moment :) Short version: this never happens.

30 days seems to be about the amount of time before people start wondering if I'm still alive or if the project is dead -- not the case. Just nothing wrong to deal with at the moment :)

canajien

Post by canajien »

Recordings Weirdness...

On Saturday, the kodi plugin stopped showing the recordings, not sure why it was Saturday or what happened...

Everywhere I am running Kodi, 17.6, whether its windows, Linux, android device, firetv stick, the recordings are no longer accessible, kodi starts, I get the notifications about the recordings completing, next one coming up etc... but nothing appears under recordings

the "official" app on the same firetv sticks and android phones allows me to access the recordings, and I'm not sure where to begin looking

hd homerun, with pvr on wd my cloud ex4, both running the latest version of firmware/software

sorry if this has already been covered, but I only took a quick look at the last couple of pages of this forum and didn't find anything

thanks in advance for any suggestions/ideas/advice on where to start looking

djp952

Post by djp952 »

canajien wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:34 am
Recordings Weirdness...

On Saturday, the kodi plugin stopped showing the recordings, not sure why it was Saturday or what happened...

Everywhere I am running Kodi, 17.6, whether its windows, Linux, android device, firetv stick, the recordings are no longer accessible, kodi starts, I get the notifications about the recordings completing, next one coming up etc... but nothing appears under recordings

the "official" app on the same firetv sticks and android phones allows me to access the recordings, and I'm not sure where to begin looking

hd homerun, with pvr on wd my cloud ex4, both running the latest version of firmware/software

sorry if this has already been covered, but I only took a quick look at the last couple of pages of this forum and didn't find anything

thanks in advance for any suggestions/ideas/advice on where to start looking
Changes made to the most recent version(s) of HDHomeRun RECORD necessitated changes to the addon to accommodate. Did you recently update RECORD? Unfortunately, I don't have a Kodi 17 Krypton release that has these changes in it, Krypton support was dropped in January of this year.

Would you mind checking and/or sending me a Kodi log from one of the affected systems to ensure that this is what's going on? There should be an error or two indicating that the recordings couldn't be loaded since it's no longer getting what it expects from the RECORD engine.

If this is the case and you want/need to stay with Kodi Krypton, I wouldn't mind back-porting the fix for this to that platform and issuing a new release to accommodate. I would need a couple days to restore the development environment for Krypton and install Krypton a couple places for testing ...

I'll PM you an e-mail address you can use to send me any log file(s) you have so we can confirm this is the problem.

edit: looks like I keep pretty good notes. Punting a bit on OS/X since I changed compilers since Krypton passed away, but all other builds look good. I may go ahead and release a "3.1.2" for Krypton tonight for ya. It will only include backport of the 2 changes I deem "critical" for proper operation that have happened since January, of which this is one.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Hello Krypton, good to see you again ...

CAUTION: THIS RELEASE IS FOR KODI 17 "KRYPTON" ONLY

Version 3.1.2 (2020.07.06)- For Kodi 17.x "Krypton" only
  • Backport: Adapt to HDHomeRun RECORD engine 20200318 breaking changes
  • Backport: Fix bug that could cause HTTP 416 when seeking on a Recorded TV stream that has switched from in-progress to fully recorded
This is a one-off release specifically intended to resolve critical changes to the addon that have occurred since ending support for this platform so that the folks that are still using Krypton may continue to do so for a while longer. While at this point I suggest an upgrade to Kodi 18 "Leia", I recognize that there are performance issues there for many devices and I promised to backport critical changes to Krypton if asked to do so. I was asked to do so, so I went through the changelog since ending Krypton support in January and found the listed two items as the only ones that should be deemed "critical" enough for a back port.

Auto-update support was not available for releases prior to Kodi 18 "Leia", so the addon will need to be manually downloaded/installed as it always has been for this target platform. For Android users running Krypton, please note that I supply an alternate .APK file for you to be able to use this, you will need to perform an upgrade from the v3.1.1 APK to utilize this. (This process is no longer needed for Kodi 18 "Leia" and/or Kodi 19 "Matrix")

Downloads (KODI 17 KRYPTON ONLY):
https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... di-Krypton

canajien

Post by canajien »

djp952 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:26 pm

• Backport: Fix bug that could cause HTTP 416 when seeking on a Recorded TV stream that has switched from in-progress to fully recorded
This is a one-off release specifically intended to resolve critical changes to the addon that have occurred since ending support for this platform so that the folks that are still using Krypton may continue to do so for a while longer. While at this point I suggest an upgrade to Kodi 18 "Leia", I recognize that there are performance issues there for many devices and I promised to backport critical changes to Krypton if asked to do so. I was asked to do so, so I went through the changelog since ending Krypton support in January and found the listed two items as the only ones that should be deemed "critical" enough for a back port.

Auto-update support was not available for releases prior to Kodi 18 "Leia", so the addon will need to be manually downloaded/installed as it always has been for this target platform. For Android users running Krypton, please note that I supply an alternate .APK file for you to be able to use this, you will need to perform an upgrade from the v3.1.1 APK to utilize this. (This process is no longer needed for Kodi 18 "Leia" and/or Kodi 19 "Matrix")

Wow!!! I haven't even been able to get back here until this morning and you've already rolled out an update!!!

I'll give this a go when I get the chance and get back to you. Thanks!!!

(I know I should really update my Kodi, but past experience is that it always ruins the media database and I end up having to rebuild it, which becomes tiresome.)

canajien

Post by canajien »

canajien wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:44 am
djp952 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:26 pm

Wow!!! I haven't even been able to get back here until this morning and you've already rolled out an update!!!

I'll give this a go when I get the chance and get back to you. Thanks!!!

(I know I should really update my Kodi, but past experience is that it always ruins the media database and I end up having to rebuild it, which becomes tiresome.)
Good news everyone!!!

Your one off update for kodi 17 works on the firesticks and the linux plugin, I haven't tried the windows plugin yet but I'm pretty sure it will be good.

Thanks, have a good weekend!!!

djp952

Post by djp952 »

canajien wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:33 am
Good news everyone!!!

Your one off update for kodi 17 works on the firesticks and the linux plugin, I haven't tried the windows plugin yet but I'm pretty sure it will be good.

Thanks, have a good weekend!!!
Don't worry about testing Windows, that's pretty much the only thing I was able to actually test for this and it worked just fine :)

Glad to help my friend, and also glad to be able to make good on a promise! Please don't hesitate to let me know if you run into any more crippling problems with Krypton so I can get it fixed for you. FWIW Kodi Leia 18.6/18.7 finally got to the point where I think Krypton was in regard to PVR functionality, but the UI performance does require notably more power than Krypton did ... just wait until Matrix and you need like 3-4 more Gigahertz :)

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Probably the most unremarkable release I've done, but it's a release ...

Version 3.3.2 (2020.07.15)
  • Update SQLite database engine to version 3.32.3
  • Update cURL library to version 7.71.1
  • (Linux/OSX) Enable missing compiler optimization flags during build
Downloads: (Linux/OSX) Enable missing compiler optimization flags during build
It turns out that all this time I've been messing up the Linux and OS/X builds a bit by not enabling any compiler optimizations. Thankfully this addon isn't really all that "computational" so it hasn't been an issue. I didn't find any appreciable/measurable difference on these platforms after fixing this, but in theory if you are running on hardware that may be barely keeping up with Kodi/this addon, this change may provide a bit more CPU headroom for you. Don't expect much, if anything here.

Other than that, this is truly "move along, nothing to see here ...". It's been more than 45 days without a full release and the e-mails wondering if I died of COVID-19 or something have started to come in :)

Enjoy!

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F »

djp952 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:15 pm
I'm getting an error when trying to update my RPi2 running Matrix.

Code: Select all

2020-07-16 07:33:36.083 T:377     ERROR <general>: CAddonInstallJob[pvr.hdhomerundvr]: The dependency on kodi.binary.global.main version 1.2.4 could not be satisfied.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Ken.F wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:40 am
djp952 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:15 pm
I'm getting an error when trying to update my RPi2 running Matrix.

Code: Select all

2020-07-16 07:33:36.083 T:377     ERROR <general>: CAddonInstallJob[pvr.hdhomerundvr]: The dependency on kodi.binary.global.main version 1.2.4 could not be satisfied.
Kodi updated the addon interface again, you'll need a newer Matrix nightly. Looks like anything from July 3rd or newer should be OK.

This is always kind of a darned if you do, darned if you don't thing. If I don't keep up the addon stops working for somebody. If I do keep up the addon stops working for somebody. sigh.

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F »

djp952 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:23 am
Kodi updated the addon interface again, you'll need a newer Matrix nightly. Looks like anything from July 3rd or newer should be OK.
The latest release for RPi2 is #0626 (26-Jun-2020). Millhouse is having problems with ffmpeg so there probably won't be any new RPi2 releases for a while. 3.3.1a-beta1 seems to be working so I'll stay on that one.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?ti ... pid2963886

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Kodi Leia 18.8 has been released, I've updated the Universal Windows (UWP) .appx for Leia to this build (version 3.3.2a):

https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... -Kodi-Leia

XBox it up!

keen456

Post by keen456 »

Hi, would it be possible to get this add-on running on the Verizon Stream TV Android TV box? (https://www.verizon.com/products/verizon-stream-tv/ )
It's an Android TV box running Android 9.0. It supports Google Play natively, and I've been able to install Kodi and any add-ons from the default repository (the SD HDHomerun addon, the PVR client from Zoltan, and the HDHomerun Simple add-on I've tried and all installed fine).

More details on the box and the environment:
The CPU is an Amlogic one, and from the Kodi system info screen it says it is an ARM v8 rev4 (v81) CPU.
Kodi is the version from the Google Play Store- 18.7.200.

I've tried loading both the Leia armHF and armEL 3.3.2 zips onto the device (you'll need to load them from a network share because there's no ports for local storage)- they fail with "invalid structure".
If you need any other information, please let me know and I'll try to get it for you if I can.

Thanks!

djp952

Post by djp952 »

keen456 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:53 pm
Hi, would it be possible to get this add-on running on the Verizon Stream TV Android TV box? (https://www.verizon.com/products/verizon-stream-tv/ )
It's an Android TV box running Android 9.0. It supports Google Play natively, and I've been able to install Kodi and any add-ons from the default repository (the SD HDHomerun addon, the PVR client from Zoltan, and the HDHomerun Simple add-on I've tried and all installed fine).

More details on the box and the environment:
The CPU is an Amlogic one, and from the Kodi system info screen it says it is an ARM v8 rev4 (v81) CPU.
Kodi is the version from the Google Play Store- 18.7.200.

I've tried loading both the Leia armHF and armEL 3.3.2 zips onto the device (you'll need to load them from a network share because there's no ports for local storage)- they fail with "invalid structure".
If you need any other information, please let me know and I'll try to get it for you if I can.

Thanks!
Uhhhhh... ummm... I'm not familiar with that device (but I am actually on FiOS too), but based on your description I might try the "android-aarch64" build as opposed to any of the GNU Linux builds. You'll all but certainly need an Android specific build as opposed to a GNU Linux one here. If you think the device kernel is running as 32-bit the "armel" and "armhf" builds become relevant, but it the device kernel is 64-bit I believe your only choice will be the "aarch64" Android build.

I sincerely apologize for likely missing the point, and if that is the case can you try and clarify a bit more for an old man?

keen456

Post by keen456 »

Good news! Your suggestions were totally on-point- I was trying to install the wrong version. I've always used the linux versions, so I had grabbed those by accident, and they weren't working.
When I actually grabbed the Android ARM package, it installed right away.
Thanks so much for this awesome DVR package.