Wondering how to side load fire stick

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
johndee

Wondering how to side load fire stick

Postby johndee » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:11 am

I downloaded 20190220-150 _minAP119 TO SIDE LOAD but after it installs it comes back with "incompatible"
I did it 4 different times, and it appears like everything is fine until it comes back with "incompatible"
I haven't found a "cookbook" version on how to side load that exact apk into a firestick, there are so
little things that nobody mentions in other how to side load articles, at first I just let it load the HDHR already on the Galaxy Tab A
when that failed THEN I downloaded 20190220-150 _minAP119 into files and installed it but it still came the after "installing" and said
"incompatible"
so I am stuck

rpcameron

Re: Wondering how to side load fire stick

Postby rpcameron » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:43 am

The best and most proper way to sideload an app onto a FireTV device is through adb. It requires you to have a copy of the Android Platform Tools, which is usually available as a separate download from the full SDK. From that point:
  1. Enable ADB debugging on the FireOS device
  2. On your PC, run:

Code: Select all

adb connect X.X.X.X
    where X.X.X.X is the FireOS device's IP address.
  3. On the FireOS device, approve the connection to authorize your PC to send commands to your device
  4. Now that you are connected to the FireOS device, you can sideload the app with:

Code: Select all

adb install -r application.apk
    where "application.apk" is the path to the file you wish to sideload and install onto your FireOS device.
That ought to give you the rough outline of how to sideload an app. Further instructions or details can easily be found from other sources. Keep in mind that Amazon maintains a blacklist of application signatures that cannot be installed onto their devices without major workarounds, so if you are using a modified apk or a blacklisted it, you may be able to send it to your device, but it will not fully install because it has been blacklisted.

spencer777

Postby spencer777 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:58 am

If it's the same app as on Android just uses the App. Apps to Fire tv

grumpygramp

Postby grumpygramp » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:39 am

Check out:
viewtopic.php?f=119&t=70949
[Fire TV] - Instructions for manually installing the HDHomeRun app

Rickt1962

Postby Rickt1962 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:38 am

I downloaded 20190220-150 _minAP119 TO SIDE LOAD but after it installs it comes back with "incompatible"
I did it 4 different times, and it appears like everything is fine until it comes back with "incompatible"
I haven't found a "cookbook" version on how to side load that exact apk into a firestick, there are so
little things that nobody mentions in other how to side load articles, at first I just let it load the HDHR already on the Galaxy Tab A
when that failed THEN I downloaded 20190220-150 _minAP119 into files and installed it but it still came the after "installing" and said
"incompatible"
so I am stuck
Another way is to Install KODI and use PVR Client

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”