What's Up and What's Down...at least for me.

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
scottd2

What's Up and What's Down...at least for me.

Postby scottd2 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:04 pm

With all of the problems going on re: content providers and contracts and streams and credits and...

I thought it might be easier to keep a running list of channels that are down for us users. I have been watching the Health/Status page and it never seems to line up with what I am seeing. Maybe it's my location (Arizona). Anyway, thought it might be helpful to someone since I am going through the effort of trying to see what works for me.

UPDATE
as of 3/14/19 8:00 am MST

DOWN: WEATH (1102), ESPNC (1211), PAR (1412), OWN (1464), CMT (1608), TCM (1755)
SD Stream: QVC (1010), HLN (1112), CSPAN (1128)
MIA: Hallmark (1458)

(Added)
Not sure how the notification of changes to this appears to others, but I will edit this post after making a test run of all the channels. I'll try to make edits daily (or until a simple Health/Status) page is created. I will be out of town this weekend, so hang in there with me. I'll try to make edits from the road. I hope this helps.

For a table layout of the channels as I see them, look for "What's Up and What's Down...as I see it". I'll make all future changes in that post. Sorry about the change. Just now learning the capabilities in this forum.
Last edited by scottd2 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:01 am, edited 7 times in total.

johndee

Re: What's Up and What's Down...at least for me.

Postby johndee » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:14 pm

Yes they are all down, I am getting a little testy that TCM is still down, it may not return

nickk
Silicondust

Postby nickk » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:34 pm

Yes they are all down, I am getting a little testy that TCM is still down, it may not return
Feedback from our upstream provider is that TCM and the other offline channels will be back next week.

Nick

Zorg

Postby Zorg » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:08 am

Feedback from our upstream provider is that TCM and the other offline channels will be back next week.

Nick
That's great information, and I look forward to seeing them all back. But who's going to know unless they're looking at this thread? That needs to at least be part of the official status page, not buried here.

As you are at the mercy of Omniverse for many issues, which seems to change with the wind direction lately, have you guys ever thought about developing a simple and up-to-date dashboard of channel status that customers can access? Just a simple system status page with a grid of channel abbreviations would suffice; Green=good, Yellow=online but with issues (glitching, skipping, time zone snafu), Red=down, reported to Omniverse. Then add/update notes (or even better, mouse-over messages within the grid) as needed to describe ETA where applicable.

That shouldn't be a big deal, technically. And would be easier on everyone. SD support would have just one place to maintain instead of answering the same questions on multiple threads; just one place to reference questions. And customers would have one place to look for the channel status. We'd easily see what has already been reported (no need for another thread) and what you guys can control. The current "plan" of a valuable nugget of information like this buried in one thread amongst a half-dozen other threads discussing nearly the same issue makes it difficult to track down the status of a given channel, which spawns more threads. ;)

darcilicious

Postby darcilicious » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:32 am

RVRover

Postby RVRover » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:38 am

The health status page is OK, but rather than have to scroll though read and interpret several posts maybe there could just be a single page with all the channels listed and the status next to each one (at a minimum green for working, yellow for working with problems and red for not working). Lots of other web services do this.

d21mike

Postby d21mike » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:49 am

The health status page is OK, but rather than have to scroll though read and interpret several posts maybe there could just be a single page with all the channels listed and the status next to each one (at a minimum green for working, yellow for working with problems and red for not working). Lots of other web services do this.
A lot of us are probably thinking the same thing. Like Health/Status? Last think on there was Paramount was down but I thought it was back up now. But I do not watch it so was not sure. My wife is waiting for TCM mainly. And for Hallmark to come back.

ssmith1936

Postby ssmith1936 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:52 am

Good idea, I’ll also request this same status page include Time Zone updates or whether the EPG info is based on east coast or west coast (Atlantic or pacific). These Time Zone changes are somewhat fluid right now. They’re also buried in the other topics where it harder to remember how to get back to it.
Last edited by ssmith1936 on Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

criggs

Postby criggs » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:23 am

Let me add my voice enthusiastically to this proposal. I am also an exiled Omniverse user. I had to leave when three of my must-have channels, C-Span, HLN and TCM, either went down or were severely degraded. At the moment, I'm using another service, but, because of its unique channel line-up, Omniverse remains my clear first choice if it is ever fixed.

And this forum is the ONLY place where there is even a half-hearted attempt at communicating the channel status with Omniverse. I am quite confident it's not only SD Omniverse users who are checking into this forum on a regular basis. There are probably people here like me, from Omniverse services like SkyStreamTV, Flixon, TikiLIVE, and so on, who are also stuck using a second-choice service for now until Omniverse can get its act together and recover.

So I hope that SD will decide to post a regularly updated channel health page. We would all appreciate it, we would all be grateful, and I hope you'll be able to make it happen. Here's hoping!!

tonywagner

Postby tonywagner » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:27 am

While a clear channel status page isn't a bad idea -- if a service has channel outages that are frequent/long enough to make such a page useful, they probably have bigger problems than communication.

urbnsr

Postby urbnsr » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:51 pm

Nick
Will this include Hallmark?

d21mike

Postby d21mike » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:24 pm

Nick
I also hope Hallmark is part of the down channels coming back next week.

I am also very interested in the New Channels on April 1st.

You will get a chance to experience our Stage 2 encoding soon with some new channels we are adding. We are targeting April 1st launch (serious) for these.

viewtopic.php?f=129&t=71002&p=340397&hi ... IL#p340397

nickk
Silicondust

Postby nickk » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:25 pm

No, sorry.

stryker10

Postby stryker10 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:32 pm

well normally don't post just read ,,im sorry to hear that Hallmark not coming back,it was a part of the reason for going this way also the addon of premium channels to my ota setup,
i would really like to see weather channel back any news? .....now for those getting testy... its cheaper to go with the local cable company for these premiums by 6 bucks a month..i keep this because i can steam through plex on my home server to all my devices cell phones and so on.. and kids can access form there homes on my plex account so there is benefits to the home-run setup.,,,so keep up the good work guys and thanks !!

KryptoNyte

Postby KryptoNyte » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:56 pm

Nick
Week's almost over, how we doin' on this?

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”