HD Homerun Client on Win 10 SDDVR Server - No Record Button

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
mrb55

HD Homerun Client on Win 10 SDDVR Server - No Record Button

Postby mrb55 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:00 pm

Just completed a reset of Win 10. Prior to the reset I uninstalled the SDDVR application and the Win 10 App Client (both had been previously working locally on the same system in the living room). The reason for the Win 10 reset and reinstall of the software was that some of my recordings were stopping after about 60 minutes during playback if I tried to watch them before they were finished recording.

Following reinstallation of both applications, I see that the SD DVR for win 10 software is active and working (based on testing from another separate computer running the Win 10 app client I am able to schedule recordings and use the DVR features like watching older recordings from the server).

However, on the local win 10 server that is running the SD DVR software, the Win 10 client app that I recently reinstalled is unable to show the record button. I only see the live tv controls. I have tried shutting the computer down completely, rebooting it, uninstalling and reinstalling the app client and the record button never appears.

In the past it might have taken some a couple of minutes for the record button to appear given that the SD DVR server would have to spin up for a few minutes. If I started the client up too early, I wouldn't see the record button (the issue now). Stopping and restarting the client usually fixed that problem. However, no amount of time waiting seems to be enough for it to show the record button and DVR functionality in the client app. As I said before it works fine from another remote system in my network.

BTW, I can confirm that I am not running a second DVR locally on the working client machine if that might have been the first troubleshooting question. :)

I figured that the local client would have a better chance of working with the DVR than a remote client (all things being equal).

Any ideas?

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: HD Homerun Client on Win 10 SDDVR Server - No Record Button

Postby jasonl » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:47 pm

Please right click on the Start menu icon and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) or Command Prompt (Admin). Run the following:

CheckNetIsolation LoopbackExempt -a -n="ef712ba7.hdhomerundvr_23nna27hyxhag"

You should get a response of "OK." Open the app and check to see if you can then access the DVR.

All things being equal, a remote client has a better chance of working with a Windows 10 DVR, because Microsoft. :roll:

mrb55

Postby mrb55 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:03 pm

Jason,

I ran the command in powershell as administrator. That did the trick. I'm making a permanent note for the fix in the future.

Thank you,

mrb55

JeffRand
Device ID: 131C369D, 1321FB16

Postby JeffRand » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:27 am

Having run into this myself, it seems to me that the record engine should check for the loopback exemption on Windows 10 and automatically put it in place for the user. This is something the service should check periodically, just to insure that it hasn't reverted, as in this case. It would avoid customer frustration when they have to resort to asking here how to fix it.

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”