Channel 25 local news - Waco, TX not recording on Saturday's only

Guide Issues
fizban11

Channel 25 local news - Waco, TX not recording on Saturday's only

Postby fizban11 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:41 pm

Guys, I need help. My local news is set to record all episodes, and shows to have a red button next to all instances of my local news. However, the two local news broadcast on Saturday's only is NOT recording. Sunday - Friday is not an issue, but it never records the Saturday broadcast. Channel 25 (26.1 Central Texas News Now) @ 6:00 PM and 10:00 PM. I have a screen shot of the DVR, but I am not sure how to post it. I also have the log from this past Saturday if it will help. - Thanks!

gtb
Expert

Re: Channel 25 local news - Waco, TX not recording on Saturday's only

Postby gtb » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:20 pm

Guys, I need help.
As likely as not not a guide issue (if it has the "red" button it nominally should have been scheduled for recording), but more likely tuner exhaustion. You probably need to post the record engine logs to get more advice from the peanut gallery.

fizban11

Postby fizban11 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:03 pm

Guys, I need help.
As likely as not not a guide issue (if it has the "red" button it nominally should have been scheduled for recording), but more likely tuner exhaustion. You probably need to post the record engine logs to get more advice from the peanut gallery.
Thanks! How do I post the log files here? And how do I post an image, as well? I can't seem to figure it out.

As far as tuner fatigue, not sure what you mean. I have 8 tuners, 1 Quatro and 2 Connect units, but only the news on that channel records on Saturdays, no other program is set to record.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Postby signcarver » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:23 pm

According to the data I got from the guide provider, the Saturday showings are not marked as new thus if you have an episode or deleted through app and did not specify to rerecord, it won't record again as it thinks it already has it.

fizban11

Postby fizban11 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:31 am

According to the data I got from the guide provider, the Saturday showings are not marked as new thus if you have an episode or deleted through app and did not specify to rerecord, it won't record again as it thinks it already has it.
Signcarver, thanks for jumping in! I appreciate the info. How do I go about petitioning to get this fixed so that these airings of my local news will record? Also, for future reference, can you point me to instructions on posting log files and images? For some reason, I can't seem to figure it out. - Thanks again.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Postby signcarver » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:42 am

Hopefully jasonl will step in and enter the request but i would suggest one try through zap2it as they are usually responsive though I do still have a few open issues that don't affect SiliconDust software... (i.e. qvc moved from 98 to 14 months ago but the downloadable pdf from my provider also forgot to make that change but SD maps it correctly by name)

I don't suggest images as I won't see them 90% of the time and 90% of the images are just text (i.e the various tuner web pages) but if you must i suggest putting the image on a site then use the img button above and point to the url. I suggest looking at a post with an image and do a quote reply (but don't submit) so you can see how the image tag was coded.

As for logs, the dvr logs are in the record folder while tuner logs are from the tuner. Keep in mind times are utc so prime time in us would be near the start of the "next" days file. When posting more than a few lines of logs please try to use the "code" blocks above... you can either click that first then copy/paste between or after pasting select such text and click code.

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:03 pm

I have opened a case with Gracenote for this. Typically these requests are processed within 1-2 business days.

signcarver if you want I can put in a request for your channel updates, just send me a PM with details.

fizban11

Postby fizban11 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:45 pm

I have opened a case with Gracenote for this. Typically these requests are processed within 1-2 business days.

signcarver if you want I can put in a request for your channel updates, just send me a PM with details.
Jasonl, it’s a little thing to fix, but I truly appreciate it! Thanks for taking the time.

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:05 pm

I think half the cases I've opened are getting the "new" flag added to shows that should have them but don't. :)

Return to “Guide Issues”