Missing / Incorrect Guide Data

Guide Issues
Jpsd1

Missing / Incorrect Guide Data

Postby Jpsd1 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:16 pm

Experiencing the following guide data issues for Spectrum Southern California zip code 92404:

No guide data for Fox Sports prime Ticket HD channel 738
Incorrect guide data for Smithsonian HD channel 793

Device ID #'s for HDHomeRun Prime tuners.

1311529E
13130A5C

Jpsd1

Re: Missing / Incorrect Guide Data

Postby Jpsd1 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:35 pm

Is this section of the Forum still alive?. Eight days and no reply to a simple guide correction request. I did submit a trouble ticket (#110561) on the 21st that was finally responded to on the 26th. The response asked if it was still a problem. When I responded that it was I was given some instructions in a reply received on the 27th:

We would like to get some diagnostic data:

Go to the http://my.hdhomerun.com/ site
Click your HDHomeRun's device ID
If it tells you that a firmware update is available, please install it
Click System Status
Check the Send diagnostic information box
Go back one page
Click Channel Lineup
Click Detect Channels
After the scan finishes, open the HDHomeRun app and watch a one of the problem channels for a moment.

Reply back and we will check the logs.

Being a good soldier I followed the instructions and have done as asked. I just don't get what firmware and a channel scan have to do with incorrect and / or missing guide data on 2 specific channels. It feels eerily like being told by the Spectrum reps that you need to reboot the modem and cable box regardless of the issue presented. I have had guide data corrected in the past without reference to firmware or channel scans. Has something changed or is this the new norm? Where is Jason when we need him?

Jpsd1

Postby Jpsd1 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:54 pm

Received another message from support today.

Sorry that all of this is taking so long, but I believe we have the info we need to get to the bottom of this. I hope to have an update for you soon.

My thanks to SD support for their efforts in getting this issue corrected.

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:23 pm

738 updated. 793 doesn't appear in the channel lineup from the device, please make sure it is enabled.

Jpsd1

Postby Jpsd1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:25 pm

738 updated. 793 doesn't appear in the channel lineup from the device, please make sure it is enabled.
Hey Jason glad to see your back! Thanks for fixing the guide for channel 738.

Channel 793 was there when I originally posted but every couple of months I lose about ½ of my channels and the cable card menu diagnostic screen indicates my channel list is coming from the “cable card.” I rebooted the tuning adapters and scanned the channels last night so the “channel list” now indicates “tuning-resolver” and 793 is back.

At the present time (11:18 a.m.) “The Wild Andes / Extreme Survival” is playing on channel 793. The slice guide indicates “America in Color.” Checked the Spectrum online guide and “The Wild Andes” is correct.

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:53 pm

Can you check Smithsonian again and see if it's still wrong? And if so, see if what is listed in the guide as airing now actually airs in 3 hours. I'm guessing Charter switched you to the Pacific feed but didn't notify Gracenote. If it does indeed air 3 hours off, can you check the SD version on 135 and see if it's the same way? I'll have to submit a case to get both updated.

Jpsd1

Postby Jpsd1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:14 pm

Can you check Smithsonian again and see if it's still wrong? And if so, see if what is listed in the guide as airing now actually airs in 3 hours. I'm guessing Charter switched you to the Pacific feed but didn't notify Gracenote. If it does indeed air 3 hours off, can you check the SD version on 135 and see if it's the same way? I'll have to submit a case to get both updated.
You are correct. In comparing the slice guide to the Charter Spectrum online guide it is evident the slice guide is off by 3 hours for channels 135 and 793. My thanks in advance for submitting a case and getting this corrected.

Jpsd1

Postby Jpsd1 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:31 pm

Channel 781 HMMHD has the same problem. The guide is off by 3 hours.

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:56 pm

Ticket has been submitted to switch Smithsonian to Pacific. HMM is already set to the Pacific feed. Can you confirm that it's still wrong? If so, which direction is it? In other words, does what it shows now actually air in 3 hours, or is what it's showing 3 hours ahead airing now?

Jpsd1

Postby Jpsd1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:34 am

Ticket has been submitted to switch Smithsonian to Pacific. HMM is already set to the Pacific feed. Can you confirm that it's still wrong? If so, which direction is it? In other words, does what it shows now actually air in 3 hours, or is what it's showing 3 hours ahead airing now?
The slice guide is actually fine for channel 781. The interesting thing is that Spectrum Live TV online for my account is broadcasting a different program on that channel (Matlock) than the one being broadcast to the HDHR Win 10 app ((Diagnosis Murder). Not sure why the feed for my account would be different than Spectrum Live TV online live but it is what it is.

The Slice Guide for Channel 793 is still off by 3 hours, but I get that it may take a day or two for the change to occur. Thanks again for fixing 738 and submitting the order for 793. Your help is always appreciated.

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:04 pm

The listings for Smithsonian and Smithsonian HD have been updated by the provider to Pacific. This should be reflected in the app after our next update, so sometime within the next 12 hours.

Jpsd1

Postby Jpsd1 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:23 pm

Hey Jason,

Sorry to keep bugging you but there is still something wrong with the "slice guide" info for the Smithsonian channel 793.

At 11:00 a.m. PST the content actually playing on 793 is "Aerial America S1 E6 - Vermont."

The "slice guide" indicates the content playing is " King Soloman's Mines."

The Plex guide for the 11:00 a.m. slot matches what is actually playing (Aerial America" and also indicates "Secrets S5 E6 - King Soloman's Mines will be showing at 2:00 p.m. PST.

The guide info for the "slice guide" must not be for the feed I am receiving from Charter Spectrum. It appears to still be off by 3 hours.

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:40 pm

Should be good now. I hope.

Jpsd1

Postby Jpsd1 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:24 am

Just checked and the guide info for channel 793 is now correct. Thanks Jason!

Return to “Guide Issues”