Forum support for code BBCode no longer preserving formatting

Want to write your own code to work with a HDHomeRun or work with the HDHomeRun DVR? We are happy to help with concepts, APIs, best practices.
gtb
Expert

Forum support for code BBCode no longer preserving formatting

Postby gtb » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:20 am

(This probably does not belong here, but the original update post and asking for issues to be reported after the upgrade apparently expired)

(I think) since the phpBB upgrade (some time ago now) the BBCode code directive is no longer formatting preserving. In particular spaces get stripped. This makes posting of code segments somewhat difficult. If (easily) possible, it would be nice to get that back (I am guessing there are some missing <pre> specifications somewhere).

ebo
Device ID: 1016F746, 101C8CF9, 1041F134, 10532394

Re: Forum support for code BBCode no longer preserving formatting

Postby ebo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:31 pm

Whenever I want to post text where it's important to preserve spaces, such as code indents or column alignment, I first copy it into a text editor (I use Notepad++ but most any editor should do) and replace all spaces with non-break spaces (Alt+160). Then I copy it to my post and enclose it in Code tags to give it a monospaced font. That extra effort shouldn't be necessary and needs to be undone by anyone who wants to copy and use the posted code.

Return to “Development Support”