Plex Stutters/Desync Premium TV - Issue started 9/01

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
Davinchy

Re: Plex Stutters/Desync Premium TV - Issue started 9/01

Postby Davinchy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:11 pm

definitely working better now. I'll post if I get a little more time to check it out but it is working on MSNBC as I watch right now

nateb
Silicondust

Postby nateb » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:30 pm

definitely working better now. I'll post if I get a little more time to check it out but it is working on MSNBC as I watch right now
Any changes you see now are likely leftover from the fix at the end of last week. Biggest changes shouldn't be visible until tomorrow morning.

Cozz

Postby Cozz » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:03 pm

We think we have this solved - Plex is playing streams correctly from our staging servers.

The update is scheduled to go live in the early morning overnight.

Nick
Thank you SD Team, especially Nickk and NateB for keeping us fully in the loop!

Noah0504

Postby Noah0504 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:16 pm

We think we have this solved - Plex is playing streams correctly from our staging servers.

Nick
Awesome to hear! Thanks for all of the hard work!

darcilicious

Postby darcilicious » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:01 pm

Nick
Can't wait! Thanks so much for your work on this and for keeping us updated all along the way!

Cozz

Postby Cozz » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:35 am

I may be jumping the gun, but every channel seems to have near perfect audio sync with Plex as of 6am this morning

I am experiencing a half second A/V skip every minute or so on most channels. Some seem to be more frequent then others. I tested Free-form and it skipped 3 times a minute. Cartoon network only once in 3 minutes. I dont think it's a hardware issue. I'll have to spin up my NUC again to check on beefier hardware if I'm alone here.

Noah0504

Postby Noah0504 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:34 am

I've been watching ESPN and ESPN News this morning. Not a single issue I've seen so far.

darcilicious

Postby darcilicious » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:26 am

I am experiencing a half second A/V skip every minute or so on most channels. Some seem to be more frequent then others.
I'm seeing the same (well more like a complete freeze) on my AppleTV 4K (tvOS 11) and my iPhone X (iOS 12). But the audio and video are ALWAYS in sync so that's extremely nice and no content is missed (which was noticeable and kind of funny in one case as it was at the tail end of a drawn out word making it really drawn out ;) )

I only test about five channels (ESPN, FreeForm, TCM, HGTV, and another I can't recall) and they all exhibited this behavior.

Noah0504

Postby Noah0504 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:30 am

I am experiencing a half second A/V skip every minute or so on most channels. Some seem to be more frequent then others.
I'm seeing the same (well more like a complete freeze) on my AppleTV 4K (tvOS 11) and my iPhone X (iOS 12). But the audio and video are ALWAYS in sync so that's extremely nice and no content is missed (which was noticeable and kind of funny in one case as it was at the tail end of a drawn out word making it really drawn out ;) )

I only test about five channels (ESPN, FreeForm, TCM, HGTV, and another I can't recall) and they all exhibited this behavior.
Odd. I'm watching remotely at work in Chrome and I haven't seen one freeze. Will be able to test on a Roku tonight once I'm home.

nateb
Silicondust

Postby nateb » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:36 am

I'm getting the complete freeze and a buffering symbol for the first minute or two, and then it goes away. I was momentarily concerned so I got out my stopwatch to measure how long between buffering, but then it never buffered again. That was on Freeform.

snipeman

Postby snipeman » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:56 am

It is working perfectly for me via playback on a 2016 Samsung Smart TV with Plex app.

I have a Sony Android TV in another location but i wont get there to test for a few weeks.

Davinchy

Postby Davinchy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:22 am

earlier this morning I was getting the buffering for a fraction of a second on plex on my ipad every minute or so. I am watching on plex on my windows computer and I'm getting no buffering. It seems to be working great on cnn right now.

I just went to my tablet and watched cnn for 5 mins without any buffering. I switched to msnbc and there are small buffering times on and off. After a few minutes it seemed to go away.

mtdust

Postby mtdust » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:37 am

I just checked a couple of channels from my phone and it's looking good. I'll check some more channels later tonight when I get home.

Thanks for getting this resolved!

darcilicious

Postby darcilicious » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:53 am

I'm getting the complete freeze and a buffering symbol for the first minute or two, and then it goes away. I was momentarily concerned so I got out my stopwatch to measure how long between buffering, but then it never buffered again. That was on Freeform.
Things seem to be working great on my iPad Pro (iOS 12) on a public WiFi connection; no freezes and everything in sync. I will play around some more tonight at home to see if things have settled down :)

nickk
Silicondust

Postby nickk » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:23 am

If you are experiencing buffering pauses try pausing for 5 seconds the resuming playback. I suspect Plex isn't doing rate adjustment.

Nick

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”