HDHomeRun Premium TV

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
TallMomof2

Re: HDHomeRun Premium TV

Postby TallMomof2 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:35 pm

You could get rid of the shopping channels, they’re OTA for me. In either case I block them.

DIY and BBCA would be nice.

epee4fun

Postby epee4fun » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:49 am

Do you know how many people would storm the office with torches and pitchforks if we removed HGTV? Pretty sure that one's near the top of the "must have" list. Also, how dare you suggest removing legitimate news sources like The Daily Show?!
Dropping HGTV means no sale in my household. For the general sale-ability of the product, you also have to keep FNC and MSNBC. Agree DIY would be a nice addition for the wife, and we both would enjoy BBCA.

spencer777

Postby spencer777 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:37 am

You guys know this is a pre packaged service, right. Sd isn't making deals with the newworks

pixelstuff

Postby pixelstuff » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:07 am

You guys know this is a pre packaged service, right. Sd isn't making deals with the newworks
That is potentially even more interesting. Who out there is selling a prepackaged TV cable service to internet distributors and who are their other customers? Does SiliconDust get a-la-carte channel choices where they check mark whatever channels they want then see a pricing total? Does the top level provider have a way to provide viewing metrics on the streams?

spencer777

Postby spencer777 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:40 pm

That is potentially even more interesting. Who out there is selling a prepackaged TV cable service to internet distributors and who are their other customers? Does SiliconDust get a-la-carte channel choices where they check mark whatever channels they want then see a pricing total? Does the top level provider have a way to provide viewing metrics on the streams?
I posted it before, but it was deleted. There are 5 that I know of. Some offer a small cloud DVR, some 7 day rewind. All at the same price and package.

Midwaybrit

Postby Midwaybrit » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:20 pm

I’d love to know who those 5 are !?

spencer777

Postby spencer777 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:53 am

Viva live TV is the main one. If they let me post others I will. None are doing what SD does to allow local recording and 3 Rd party support.

pixelstuff

Postby pixelstuff » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:52 am

Viva live TV is the main one. If they let me post others I will. None are doing what SD does to allow local recording and 3 Rd party support.
Looks like Omniverse One World Television, Inc. is the provider for Viva Live TV. Why do you think SiliconDust is using the same provider as Viva Live TV?

spencer777

Postby spencer777 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:10 am

Looks like Omniverse One World Television, Inc. is the provider for Viva Live TV. Why do you think SiliconDust is using the same provider as Viva Live TV?
Same channel lineup. Don't look at locals since they are regional probably Miami. Other names Tiki live tiv. Exchange Vue, Skystream.

boozcruz81

Postby boozcruz81 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:19 am

Well I guess that means we won’t get any new channels since they don’t carry them. Glad I saw this... saved me from signing up. This would also explain the time zone issue, and bad picture. IPTV sucks!

pixelstuff

Postby pixelstuff » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:23 am

Same channel lineup. Don't look at locals since they are regional probably Miami. Other names Tiki live tiv. Exchange Vue, Skystream.
Assuming SiliconDust is getting their channels from Omniverse One World Television, Inc. that just brings up new questions like how can the feeds be so crappy, but still have a path to improving the quality. Maybe OOWT is providing a raw feed service and a compressed feed service?

nickk
Silicondust

Postby nickk » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:07 am

Well I guess that means we won’t get any new channels since they don’t carry them.
We have multiple sourcing deals in the works. More channels are coming.

boozcruz81

Postby boozcruz81 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:17 am

Well I guess that means we won’t get any new channels since they don’t carry them.
Alright. I'll stick around a little longer and see how this all plays out.

ghealy4

Postby ghealy4 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:42 am

Happy with the initial channel feed. A great addition to my local OTR channels.

boogmeister1

Postby boogmeister1 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:17 pm

That's awesome, Nickk! The wife and I are loving the new PTV service. Adding additional channels would just be icing on the cake! (Especially if you add Hallmark Movies and Mysteries! LOL)

Thanks for the hard work you guys are doing and the great products you offer!

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”