Delete multiple recordings

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
DrJohn

Delete multiple recordings

Postby DrJohn » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:15 am

Using the Windows 10 HDR client with Linux NAS, how to delete multiple recordings? I have a series recording that has 6 months of files on disk and no apparent way to delete all of them other than one at a time in Win 10. Will deleting the .mpg files work? What about the log files?

signcarver
Expert

Re: Delete multiple recordings

Postby signcarver » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:15 pm

you can always delete log files but I tend to suggest keeping them for a week to check for issues. You can always delete the .mpg but when you do so, it won't inform SD to not record again if you prefer the episodes not to rerecord (if series set to "recent" it will rerecord anything within past 90 days if it airs again if set to always, it will rerecord any episode when it airs again)

DrJohn

Postby DrJohn » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:39 am

Thanks for the info. I'd suggest adding a multiple-select to lists of recordings or other way to delete more than one recording at a time via the UI.

-- John

gtb
Expert

Postby gtb » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:58 pm

you can always delete log files but I tend to suggest keeping them for a week to check for issues.
Depending on your OS, it is fairly trivial to use an appropriate find command that can be used in a crontab to delete the log files (and I have a few ...timer and ...service systemd files that I use for other applications that do the equivalent cleanup jobs).

It was my vague recollection that there were hints that (a) the verbosity of the logs would possibly be reduced at (real) GA, and (b) the engine would automatically delete older logs files at (real) GA.

I believe there was a RFE to have a command line switch to optionally only log to STDOUT which solves a number of logging issues on at least some OS variants. I maintain a vague level of hope that that RFE or something like it will be implemented.

charles904

Postby charles904 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:48 pm

That would be awesome to actually have some control over the log files (verbosity, standard out, different directory, automatically cleaning up old ones).

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”