Windows 10 Update

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Sat32

Windows 10 Update

Postby Sat32 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:21 am

I've been using the HDHomerun app with Eventghost for a while since the last windows update I've had issue not sure what or where the issue is. Here is my info so far from event ghost forums

Please help,
Current config: Mce ir receiver using the eg mce remote plugin.
Harmony elite using the media center profile,

EG profile configured and was working great until the last win10 update.

Now when using the hdhomerun app EG is sending up,down,left,right keystrokes correctly

but hdhomerun app is receiving the numbers 8,2,4,6 like it's using numbers keys with number lock on

I've read and searched through the forums and have tried a few suggestions that seemed close to my issue
but nothing has fixed it,

Any suggestions Thanks

Second Post:

The harmony profile I'm using is for Anyware media player but thats not the issue cause it's been working great until I did windows updates. I have two systems that use the same basic EG tree. One I have harmony elite for and the other a old harmony 1000. Both are showing this behavior

I have been doing diagnoses first I tried using a different driver for the ehome transiever that didn't fix it.

Then I thought I have a USB-UIRT floating around just remap buttons quick fix that didn't work either.
my eg tree has a simple Keyboard {up}, {down} to navigate the hdhomerun slice guide.

So I added a one of the special keys mce.blue to trigger the {up} keyboad action and hdhomerun got 8 instead of moving the slice up one.

So next I opened a text document to see if EG was really sending 8 instead keyboard {up} and it's not.

I'm at a loss I can navigate the slice guide fine with the arrows keys on my keyboard. But EG keyboard {up} translates into 8 for hdhomerun app
but before the windows update it worked fine

Thanks

techpro2004

Re: Windows 10 Update

Postby techpro2004 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:43 am

I am having a lot of trouble with mce remote mappings also on one of my systems. By any chance, Are you using a kaby lake nuc? If so do not install the latest bios update (0064). It failed and bricked my nuc.

Sat32

Postby Sat32 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:59 am

No I'm using a regular desktop pc I7 cpu z99 chip set I think a few years old.

Glad to hear I'm not alone

GGRussell

Postby GGRussell » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:19 am

I have a regular MCE remote and it it continues to work flawlessly with HDHomeRun. Uninstall Eventghost and see if the MCE remote works.

techpro2004

Postby techpro2004 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:59 am

Odd. By any chance, does your mce remote sensor use an ite chip? They just released a update for those and I previously thought that was the issue. BTW, my broadwell nucs work fine. I only noticed this on my kaby lake nuc.

Sat32

Postby Sat32 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:07 pm

Not sure what chip set the MCE transiiver use's, but a USB-UIRT causes the same behavior so does mapping a keyboard key to send the {up} keyboard event from eventghost.

I would be happy think the issue is eventghost or my configuration but this has been working great for more then a year and my testing showed eventghost was correctly sending the up arrow key to other apps.

Someone on the eventghost forum mentioned that Silicondust talked about tweaking there UI any chance a rep from silicondust can clarify
this if changes where made?

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:03 pm

We're working on a major rewrite of the UI, but it isn't available yet.

Sat32

Postby Sat32 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:26 pm

Made a Video Showing whats happening

https://youtu.be/IWfSHi8g0_0

Sat32

Postby Sat32 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:04 am

We're working on a major rewrite of the UI, but it isn't available yet.
Is there any chance some of the new code slipped into a release version?

If you saw the video I did it's clear windows see's eventghost sendkey{up} as up arrow key but the HDHomeRun app doesn't
what could possibly explain this?

Thanks

sspell

Postby sspell » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:14 am

I don't know if Event Ghost screwed up something or not. I tried that program once didn't care for it. Try uninstalling Event Ghost and use Advanced MCE Remote mapper this is a much better solution for mapping remote keys and very easy to use. Just remember to run it as an administrator.

Here is a link for Advanced MCE Remote Mapper.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=164252

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:37 pm

I have no idea why EventGhost might be getting that result. You mentioned in your first post that it started happening after the Windows Update, so if your first guess isn't "Microsoft broke something in the update" then you must be new to Windows 10 :lol:.

I haven't used EventGhost before. Does it perhaps have separate options for the arrows shared with the number pad vs. the dedicated ones? Maybe you're using the former but the latter would work better?

jseymour

Postby jseymour » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:45 pm

I have no idea why EventGhost might be getting that result. You mentioned in your first post that it started happening after the Windows Update, so if your first guess isn't "Microsoft broke something in the update" then you must be new to Windows 10 :lol:.

Though, in Microsoft's defence (I can't believe I just wrote that): Sometimes that breakage is because developers used undocumented "features" that go away in subsequent versions/updates to MS-Windows.

Sat32

Postby Sat32 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:33 pm

I don't know if Event Ghost screwed up something or not. I tried that program once didn't care for it. Try uninstalling Event Ghost and use Advanced MCE Remote mapper this is a much better solution for mapping remote keys and very easy to use. Just remember to run it as an administrator.

Here is a link for Advanced MCE Remote Mapper.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=164252
I've Used Advanced MCE Mapper found it really limited compared to some the other remote software I've used
LM Keymap "dead"
Girider "https://www.promixis.com/" almost dead

For me eventghost had the best set of features yet was fairly easy to use

Thanks

Sat32

Postby Sat32 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:37 pm

Here is what is happening what I've tried and conclusions made from the results.

Is the problem hardware related = NO because happening on three different systems with different chipsets/hardware.

Is the problem related to my harmony profile + NO because problem occurs even if the Sendkey{direction} is triggered by other means aka "Keyboard"

Is the problem related to Eventghost how it sends Keystrokes = Unlikely because it was working, I haven't updated or changed EG and Sendkey{direction} works correctly for all other applications I tried.

Is the problem related to MCE drivers = Unlikely because problem occurs even if the Sendkey{direction} is triggered by other means aka "Keyboard"
and Sendkey{direction} works correctly for all other applications I tried.

Is the problem related to Windows 10 = Unlikely Sendkey{direction} works correctly for all other applications I tried

Is the problem related to HDHomerun App = Possibly because Sendkey{direction} works correctly for all other applications I tried.

Is the problem related to some other piece of software I have Virus Scanner ect = Unlikely because the HDHomerun app is the only application that is having this issue

My conclusion is for some reason Silicondust doesn't want users controlling there windows 10 app from the windows store with eventghost for some reason because the physical keyboard works as intended and The Sendkey{direction} works with HDHomerun plugin for Kodi using Eventghost

If anybody can come to another conclusion not overlooking this fact.
Sendkey{direction} works correctly for all other applications

Let me know

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:15 pm

Have you tried any other UWP apps? Nothing in your video was.

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”