QNAP QPKG for DVR Record Engine

Downloads & Instructions
demonrik
Device ID: 108042A1, 10814D8E

Re: QNAP QPKG for DVR Record Engine

Post by demonrik »

calande wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:42 am Hi, I installed HDHomeRun DVR on my QNAP NAS, as per the original topic of the thread. Thanks to DemonRick for this effort. I can open the app properly. I have trouble using it though. I don't have any hdhomerundvr user in the Users list in the control panel of QTS. Also, there is a message in the footer of the app that reads "HDHomeRun RECORD not running". Last, it seems my SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual is not properly identified:
Discovered HDHomerun Devices
DeviceID: 11112781
FWName:
FWVer:
Tuners: unknown tuners
Channels: 0 Channels
It seems there is no recordings schedule feature, I guess this is because of the aforementioned errors :?:
Could you give me hints to troubleshoot this, please?
Thank you.
@signcarver mentioned the potential dual tuner incompatibility
The fact it sees the tuner, but has no details on tuners, FWName, etc. suggests it's not compatible with the DVR anyway.

so skipping on to the user/not running.
the fact that there is no hdhomerundvr user listed in the control panel suggest something didn't install correctly. And hence it's not running.
Which QNAP are you using? and QTS version?
Did you install the QPKG as an admin user?

calande

Post by calande »

demonrik wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:05 amthe fact that there is no hdhomerundvr user listed in the control panel suggest something didn't install correctly. And hence it's not running.
Thank you Rik. I have a TS-131P, with QTS 4.5.3.1652. I installed the QPKG as admin. As said above, my HDHomeRun Dual is probably not supported if it is detected but no hw information can be retrieved...

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

calande wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:10 am
demonrik wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:05 amthe fact that there is no hdhomerundvr user listed in the control panel suggest something didn't install correctly. And hence it's not running.
Thank you Rik. I have a TS-131P, with QTS 4.5.3.1652. I installed the QPKG as admin. As said above, my HDHomeRun Dual is probably not supported if it is detected but no hw information can be retrieved...
Yeah - not having a compatible tuner isn't a good start.
As to the NAS - it should install all fine.
But I do have in the back of my brain some memory of a similar problem on another 1-bay qnap where the adduser command was slightly different and that caused issues which we worked around. Its down to version of busybox that Qnap uses on different generations of NAS.

calande

Post by calande »

Thank you Rik.

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

calande wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:53 am Thank you Rik.
No worries - would like to get it working if possible anyway..
That way when I stop support it'll be in a safe place

So I found the magic from before
I need to modify a command to add the user from

Code: Select all

adduser -HD hdhomerundvr 
to

Code: Select all

adduser -HDG hdhomerundvr hdhomerundvr
I thought I had done this - but clearly had forgotten.
I'll plan to do a release this week to mop up any other forgotten fixes and get it healthy.

calande

Post by calande »

Cool! I'll watch this space. Thanks again ;)

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

Apologies @calande
Had this fixed before xmas - but only remembered to upload now :(

For everyone else
all the fixes in the usual spots (Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive)
version 1.1.0
Fixes all outstanding reported issues
With regret this is the final release.
Confirmed works on QTS 5.x
My QNAP is now retired

calande

Post by calande »

No problem, Rik ;)
Thank you very much for this release and for all your work for the community ;)

toricred6

Post by toricred6 »

Sorry to hear that you're retiring this package, but I'm sure you're really busy. Thank you so much for this.

flexo

Post by flexo »

aw shucks Rik. sorry to hear that you're retiring the package but thanks for all the work you have done! i've had my QNAP for quite a while now and am thinking about replacing it with a Synology. are you still going to update the Synology package or getting out of the DVR biz?

dp122098

Post by dp122098 »

Rik I am sorry to hear that the package is being retired. I just upgraded and I am not getting a UI anymore. I have had it working for years and would like to keep it working. Is there any way you can help me?

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

flexo wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:27 pm aw shucks Rik. sorry to hear that you're retiring the package but thanks for all the work you have done! i've had my QNAP for quite a while now and am thinking about replacing it with a Synology. are you still going to update the Synology package or getting out of the DVR biz?
Going to focus on the docker and the DVRUI.
dp122098 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:47 pm Rik I am sorry to hear that the package is being retired. I just upgraded and I am not getting a UI anymore. I have had it working for years and would like to keep it working. Is there any way you can help me?
upgraded the QTS?
Check that in 'Control Panel' -> 'Web Server' that the 'Do not allow Web Server embedding in IFrames' is not checked, if so uncheck and save. then retry.

Stefan25000

Post by Stefan25000 »

Hi I don’t know if this is even possible hopefully you can make it if it isn’t. Can you add more than one record path. Since I have an expansion drive on my Nas and it’s set up as two different volumes thank you in advance - Stefan

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

Depends on what you mean by record path... SD's engine does support multiple directories to search for content by placing a ; between paths but only the first is recorded to. You would have to populate the additional paths yourself (i.e. a script to move recordings over).

Rew452

Post by Rew452 »

I have changed to a new NAS and have installed HDHomeRunDVR v1.1.0,qpkg and it setup the RecordPath to DataVol1 and it all works.
But I want change the record Path to DataVol3 which is a dedicated volume just for HDHomeRunDVR.

I see using HDHomeRun DVR Manager that I can change the RecordPath from /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/HDHomeRunDVR to /share/CACHEDEV3_DATA/HDHomeRunDVR and saved but it does not seem to work.

Before making the change I stopped HDHomeRunDVR in the AppsCenter then made my change, saved and then restarted the App yet it still uses HDHomeRunDVR on DataVol1.

I then thought maybe create a shared directory named HDHomeRunDVR but OS won't let me. What am I missing?

Do I need to delete something to make the change work?

Thanks
Rew