HDHomeRun Prime and Windows 7 Media Center Hints Tips Tricks

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
pink1e

Re: HDHomeRun Prime and Windows 7 Media Center Hints Tips Tr

Post by pink1e »

Resetting DRM (Digital Rights Management)

Here's an easy reset tool if you get the protected media error. It worked like a charm for me.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976590

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

You know I have never read that microsoft page fully before, and I knew one would have to run it as administrator, but one thing that struck me as "odd" according to the kb article that I would not have thought of was that if you have SP1 installed, you must change the compatibility mode to win 7.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976590 wrote:Important For Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1), you must set the ResetDRM.exe application to Windows 7 compatibility mode before fit will run. To do this, right-click ResetDRM.exe and click Properties and then click the Compatibility tab. Click to place a check in the checkbox for Run this program in compatibility mode for: . Select Windows 7 in the dropdown list and click OK. Follow steps in step B again.
I wonder if this is why some people have been having some problems with it.

{note: the quote was copied and pasted... I never knew "fit would run" and step B was running the tool as admin.}

Mediaman
Expert
Device ID: 131045A9, 131F4A88, 1080278D

Post by Mediaman »

Tunersalad has a new web page for the new program which is W7 & W8 compatible. http://www.mychannellogos.com/tunersalad-dl

warpster

SD Monitor update

Post by warpster »

NEW VERSION available 5.8

It's been awhile and my old post has since dropped away....

There is a new version of Network Monitor available

It is available from here http://home.earthlink.net/~warpster/dat ... or_5_8.zip

Download it and unzip the three files, SD.exe, SDClass.dll and UserControl.dll to a folder on your drive. Run SD.exe. It will create a log directory under it's current location and save it's logs there. Any questions or issues let me know...

NOTE: If you notice any issues please PM me with details, thanks

version changelog
4.22 Added support for the HDTC-2US model
4.3 Added Transcode value for HDTC-2US and corrected channel display on 2 tuner devices
4.31 Fixed a couple channel issues and set the stream rate to update every second regardless of the refresh setting
5.0 Changed logging completely, now by default it logs just data, with optional verbose for all he rest. Update more fields every second including stream, freq, mod lock, strength, quality, and symbols. Now it will provide a good history of data.
5.1 Changed fixed location of SD files to finding them thru the registry
Fixed tuner 1 Transcode setting display (was looking at tuner 0)
Added raw data logging under install location DATA directory (DeviceData.csv)
5.2 Added Temperature and Fan voltage for the HDTC-2US
5.3 Added setting the path for log files to any connected device
Added saving of SD device log files to local log files (HTML or Text) while converting the time
contained in the log file to either a 12 or 24 hour format in Local Time and
automatic saving configurable from 5 minutes to once a day by 5 minute increments
Every save appends new entries to the existing log and device resets automatically save before the reset.
(only when network monitor is running)
5.3.1 Fixed automatic log saving (never fired)
5.3.2 Fixed bug in TXT logging
5.4 Fix for release hdhomerun_windows_20150406 on
5.5 Fix channel listings for non WMC applications (sub channel info was incorrect)
5.6 Bug fix for channel display on tuner 1, automatic update check added
5.7 Late bug fix introduced in 5.6
5.8 Device data logging file location fix (will move existing file to the correct location)
When creating the LOGS directory no longer making it hidden
Last edited by warpster on Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 22 times in total.

breezytm

Post by breezytm »

My thanks to rpoitras for this suggestion.

If you get "Weak TV Signal" error displayed by WMC often then try this registry hack. This fix raises the threshold to detect a weak signal from 10% (default) to 50% by adding a registry key. The article can be found at the following link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2708283

You can use the "Fix It" link on the Microsoft site to automatically make the changes to the registry for you if you like. I would actually suggest using the "Fix It" so you can then restore your system using the "System Restore" function in case it does not work out (like me!).

NOTE:
Try this at your own risk! I tried it and actually got random freeze-ups. I reversed the registry setting and did much better :shock:
What was freezing exactly? Windows media center or other apps? After I made this change, my other applications started freezing. Please can you clarify.

Thanks,

warpster

Post by warpster »

Major update to Network Monitor, now at version 5.3. Greatly improved logging, you will want this version!

See the previous post here...
http://www.silicondust.com/forum2/viewt ... =60#p90155
Last edited by warpster on Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clarkss12
Device ID: 1055A951;10781466;1080270E;153070FD;

Post by clarkss12 »

warpster wrote:Major update to Network Monitor, now at version 5.0. Greatly improved logging, you will want this version!

I downloaded and installed your Network Monitor ver. 5. When I run SD.exe, it cannot find any devices. I have the HDTC-2US model on my network. I have also tried TSreader and it could not detect any device either. Perhaps you can shine some light on why it does not "see" my device on the network...
thanks

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl »

I can't answer for warpster's app, but the issue with TSReader is the way the TSReader sources detect HDHomeRun devices. We've already reached out to the TSReader developer to get those corrected and the updates will be available in the next TSReader release.

mike_ekim

Post by mike_ekim »

warpster wrote:Major update to Network Monitor, now at version 5.0. Greatly improved logging, you will want this version!

I forgot to thank you. I've used Network Monitor to unlock my tuners a couple of times. Your efforts are appreciated!

JDazell

Post by JDazell »

Warpster, your Network Tuner Monitor v5.2 is a god send and works beautifully with my three Prime Tuners. Thanks for a superb app!! Keep up the excellent work. :D :mrgreen:

Aqualung

Re: SD Monitor update

Post by Aqualung »

warpster wrote:It's been awhile and my old post has since dropped away....

After installing the latest beta firmware I noticed Network Monitor was no longer working, so I have updated it.

It is available from here http://home.earthlink.net/~warpster/dat ... or_5_2.zip
Hey warpster, would you consider porting your Network Monitor to Android?

strider209

Post by strider209 »

I wasn't sure if this was posted anywhere already but in WMC, if you want to jump to a certain spot in a recording just key in the time and then press the play.

Example: key in 15 and press play and your recording will start at 15 minutes into the show.

bobbutts

Post by bobbutts »

Great thread, thank you. I'm just happy I didn't have to "Donate" to reach it :lol:
A donation is required to get the backup and restore functionality.
This is not a donation, it's a purchase. I'd be happy to buy it, but donations are supposed to be optional. People who use this wording seem scammy and probably evading income taxes.. It makes me think twice about installing the app, scammers love to bundle unwanted software with their apps.

Mediaman
Expert
Device ID: 131045A9, 131F4A88, 1080278D

Post by Mediaman »

bobbutts wrote:Great thread, thank you. I'm just happy I didn't have to "Donate" to reach it :lol:
A donation is required to get the backup and restore functionality.
This is not a donation, it's a purchase. I'd be happy to buy it, but donations are supposed to be optional. People who use this wording seem scammy and probably evading income taxes.. It makes me think twice about installing the app, scammers love to bundle unwanted software with their apps.
I presume your referring to the Guide Tool program. The people who created the program used to work at the company that hosts the download. It is a side program they created for one of their programs that works with WMC too I think [dvb dream]. They sell other software products [dvblink] for a living too.The license I believe is good for 10 computers, maybe 5 is mentioned but I believe they upped it when they dropped a users thread from their forum because the writers were no longer monitoring the site and had left the company. I think it may be still there as a locked thread, on the last page they doubled the number. I think you have to keep the receipt number for future authorizations. For those who are ota with w7 it is well worth the price to save the settings for future issues, CC not as much. But if you have multiple computers you want to custom format it will pay for itself in no time unless your time is worthless.

But I do understand your argument from your definition of donation. But here I think it is more along the lines of how some governments react to other terminology and its legality on the web and/or whether or not it triggers a taxable event. Your given the program to make adjustments for free with an option to upgrade for a "donation". So if you think it is a tax dodge out of not wanting to pay or one of convenience or legal advise. That results in not having to file in each country it is downloaded from for an added feature to the original program we probably don't deserve since we didn't buy their software in the first place then ok. Moral point taken.

pool

Post by pool »

I just installed "Prime" on FIOS system & I've got the channel listing graphics to the right of the display on my computer. Works great; but TV's on my network each display the channel selections as a video mpeg. It's like each channel is being treated as an individual video file. Is there a setting I missed to get the channel graphics on the network TVs?