Performing Security Verification Message

Help and support for HDHomeRun Tuners, HDHomeRun DVR, and HDHomeRun software for Windows, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Post Reply
Online
KeithAbbott
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:10 pm
x 10

Performing Security Verification Message

Post by KeithAbbott »

For the past few weeks, I've been getting a "Performing security verification" message when I access the SiliconDust forum. Not every time, but quite often. Is this something new that SiliconDust has implemented on their website, or is it something on my end? I've tried a few different browsers, clearing cookies, etc. but I continue to get the message. I can still access the forum after that message is briefly displayed.

Image

leerandall
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:49 pm
Device ID: 131102D9, 1326E147
x 4

Re: Performing Security Verification Message

Post by leerandall »

I'm also getting this EVERY time I come to this site. Very irritating.

nickk
Silicondust
Posts: 21178
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:39 am
x 403

Re: Performing Security Verification Message

Post by nickk »

Some system hosted from a number of minor-name cloud providers was testing session IDs, thousands a second.

The session IDs are long enough that they can't be brute forced, so this they are most likely coming from reading browser history on people's computers that have been compromised.

Online
KeithAbbott
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:10 pm
x 10

Re: Performing Security Verification Message

Post by KeithAbbott »

Thanks for the explanation, Nick. I've tried from multiple computers in my house, they all seem to be getting that message. So is it my WAN IP address that is flagged, and any traffic from that IP address is forced to go thru this verification process? Would forcing a new WAN IP address solve my problem?

nickk
Silicondust
Posts: 21178
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:39 am
x 403

Re: Performing Security Verification Message

Post by nickk »

For the moment it is applied to everyone. We will be looking at other options.

Post Reply