That makes sense. I'm having a similar issue but what's going is opposite of this.jasonl wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 7:46 pm If you're picking up interference from another device, the tuners that are physically closest would be affected more. Usually happens if someone stacks their HDHomeRun directly on a wireless router or something like that. Giving them a couple feet of separation can clear up this type of issue.
I have Model HDFX-2US, running Firmware Version 20260326. I installed it a couple of months ago and for the most part things have been doing fine. The Antenna is not currently mounted but will be soon. It's an impressive antenna that works pretty well in a VERY imperfect setup. I recently switched from Cox internet using Google Wifi (no Cox gateway, just modem). For about 2 weeks or so, I had both the Cox/Google active while the AT&T fiber with TPLink Deco was also running. I needed a few days to transition devices over to the new network and also to mount the new router. While they were all in very close proximity: Antenna physically within inches of the HDHR, within inches of the Google Wifi, within a foot or so of the TPLink Deco, about a foot or so from the AT&T gateway, I was getting a decent signal and the DVR through Plex was working fine for the most part. However, when I cancelled Cox and unplugged the Google Wifi, the signal has degraded and recordings over the last couple of days have been horrible. Last weekend, the Deco was relocated and mounted about maybe 6-8 feet from the antenna high on a wall to give good coverage and limited interference to the rest of the house. I would not expect any improvements with a mesh accesspoint (the router) so close. This is a very interesting coincidence. The last 2 days, Jellyfish and Plex have both reported weak signal.
Setup is RCA Antenna, unmounted but stably pointing in the correct direction. Connected by ethernet to Netgear switch which is both directly connected to the Deco and my Synology NAS. Plex and Jellyfin are installed on my Synology NAS. Plex is currently set up as my DVR.
Is this just simply a coincidence? Yesterday morning, I was unable to watch the morning news. Recordings from last night were unwatchable. Live TV at the moment is fine (100% signal strength and quality). I'm about 10-15 miles outside of New Orleans and the antenna is facing that direction. I got a decent signal when it was basically aiming up while connected to my Amazon Recast. It further from the wall/window but facing the window properly with no obstructions to the window.
This is from the log about the time of recording last night.
20261009-00:29:01 Tuner: tuner0 tuning 4.1 WWL-HD (8vsb:551MHz-1)
20261009-00:29:02 Tuner: tuner0 streaming http to 192.168.68.54:55810
20261009-02:00:41 Tuner: tuner0 http stream ended (remote closed)