Upgraded recently to macOS 27 Golden Gate, using the latest HDHomeRun app from the app store. I was previously on Sequoia (2 versions back) without issue.
I've found that after skipping forward or back a few times (~5) while in fullscreen, the picture will freeze while the audio continues. I can no longer get any response from the UI, however if I hit the escape key, it will return to the main navigation screen after 5-10 seconds.
My workaround is to keep the video windowed and maximize it, at which point all navigation and UI remains responsive.
As mentioned, I did not see this issue in Sequoia. Thanks.
macOS 27: Skipping within recording while fullscreen freezes video, audio continues
Re: macOS 27: Skipping within recording while fullscreen freezes video, audio continues
It works on our Macs here... which model of Mac are you using?
Re: macOS 27: Skipping within recording while fullscreen freezes video, audio continues
MBP M4 Pro 24 GB.
May also be worth noting that I'm running with an external monitor as my primary display, and I drag the HDHomeRun app over to the laptop screen for fullscreen viewing.
May also be worth noting that I'm running with an external monitor as my primary display, and I drag the HDHomeRun app over to the laptop screen for fullscreen viewing.
Re: macOS 27: Skipping within recording while fullscreen freezes video, audio continues
Does this issue show when playing a recording, or seeking on live tv (or both)?
Does it happen on any recording/channel or a specific recording/channel?
Further, can you enable diagnostics and reply with your device id.
With diagnostics enabled, replicate the issue and reply with the date/time you replicated it.
Thank you.
Does it happen on any recording/channel or a specific recording/channel?
Further, can you enable diagnostics and reply with your device id.
With diagnostics enabled, replicate the issue and reply with the date/time you replicated it.
Thank you.
Re: macOS 27: Skipping within recording while fullscreen freezes video, audio continues
10A4C0B0
1077341E
I was just able to reproduce it at 2:08 PM CDT with a recording Austin City Limits. I generally don't watch TV live, but maybe I can run up some live buffer later.
1077341E
I was just able to reproduce it at 2:08 PM CDT with a recording Austin City Limits. I generally don't watch TV live, but maybe I can run up some live buffer later.
Re: macOS 27: Skipping within recording while fullscreen freezes video, audio continues
I’m seeing what appears to be the same issue on a 14-inch 2023 MacBook Pro (M2 Pro, 32 GB) running macOS 27.0.1.
I was watching a recording in macOS fullscreen and fast-forwarded. The entire Mac UI then froze and became unresponsive.
This occurred on Oct. 7 at approximately 6:55 PM Eastern. “Send diagnostic information” was already enabled in HDHomeRun at the time.
After rebooting, I found a WindowServer diagnostic report corresponding to the incident. It reports that WindowServer stopped responding to the watchdog for at least 40 seconds (WindowServer ... returned not alive, 40 seconds since last successful checkin).
This seems consistent with the fullscreen/seeking problem described in this thread, although in my case it affected the entire macOS UI rather than just HDHomeRun.
I was watching a recording in macOS fullscreen and fast-forwarded. The entire Mac UI then froze and became unresponsive.
This occurred on Oct. 7 at approximately 6:55 PM Eastern. “Send diagnostic information” was already enabled in HDHomeRun at the time.
After rebooting, I found a WindowServer diagnostic report corresponding to the incident. It reports that WindowServer stopped responding to the watchdog for at least 40 seconds (WindowServer ... returned not alive, 40 seconds since last successful checkin).
This seems consistent with the fullscreen/seeking problem described in this thread, although in my case it affected the entire macOS UI rather than just HDHomeRun.
Re: macOS 27: Skipping within recording while fullscreen freezes video, audio continues
Okay thank you for this, we have identified an area of interest in the debug output at the time you replicated the issue which may explain what you are seeing/hearing, we are investigating further.Cabal wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:09 pm 10A4C0B0
1077341E
I was just able to reproduce it at 2:08 PM CDT with a recording Austin City Limits. I generally don't watch TV live, but maybe I can run up some live buffer later.
Thank you.