Some mexican channels cannot load on the official HDHR app.

Help and support for HDHomeRun Tuners, HDHomeRun DVR, and HDHomeRun software for Windows, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Post Reply
iiiGerardoiii
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2026 11:58 am

Some mexican channels cannot load on the official HDHR app.

Post by iiiGerardoiii »

Hello I'm having a bit of an issue here with my HDHR EXTEND and the official HDHomeRun app, it cannot load certain channels, I live in Monterrey, Nuevo León, México.

For example channel 6.2 never loads, it always says "Unable to play channel: Protocol error, No video data", but if I tune to "25" (539MHz) on TSReader, it does show the 6.2 channel data, and I can then load it on VLC with no issues.

Image
Top left of the screenshot is VLC playing the channel fine after telling TSReader to "play" it through VLC, top right is the HDHomeRun app not loading the channel.

Other channels that don't work:
8.1 Unspecified Error
14.2 Protocol error, No video data
53.1 Protocol error, No video data

Any clue on what the problem could be? I'm down to provide any info you need.

PS: Other things I've noticed, the HDHR app has some channel info (logos) incorrect, For example channel 6.4 is not "MVStv" anymore, it's now "Popcorn Central", channel 6.2 is Milenio Television (not Canal 6), etc. The channel info on this wiki is relatively updated: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:Can ... _Le%C3%B3n

NedS
Silicondust
Posts: 3592
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:38 pm
x 156

Re: Some mexican channels cannot load on the official HDHR app.

Post by NedS »

Is transcoding turned on for the EXTEND? If the subchannel is already using h.264, then the transcoder gets confused. It's a known issue that we plan to address in a future firmware update.

jasonl
Silicondust
Posts: 17933
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:23 pm
x 113

Re: Some mexican channels cannot load on the official HDHR app.

Post by jasonl »

What is the device ID for your HDHomeRun? We can update the guide listings.

iiiGerardoiii
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2026 11:58 am

Re: Some mexican channels cannot load on the official HDHR app.

Post by iiiGerardoiii »

Sorry for the late response, I thought I was going to get an e-mail notification of the replies.
jasonl wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2026 4:40 pm What is the device ID for your HDHomeRun? We can update the guide listings.
I'd appreciate that, the device ID is 10574A44
NedS wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2026 9:23 pm Is transcoding turned on for the EXTEND? If the subchannel is already using h.264, then the transcoder gets confused. It's a known issue that we plan to address in a future firmware update.
Yes it was at "heavy" profile, what the hell, I just turned it off and indeed channel 6.2 works now, and 14.2. The others don't but it's 3:20a.m. so maybe they're not airing anything atm, I'll try tomorrow afternoon.

jasonl
Silicondust
Posts: 17933
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:23 pm
x 113

Re: Some mexican channels cannot load on the official HDHR app.

Post by jasonl »

I updated the ones I could identify as being wrong. Our guide provider doesn't have data for Popcorn Central or most of the local channels.

Post Reply