Next Gen Channel Freeze

ATSC 3.0 Nextgen TV Forum
nickk
Silicondust
Posts: 21166
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:39 am
x 410

Re: Next Gen Channel Freeze

Post by nickk »

It doesn't need to be a short clip... can be an entire recording as long as you let me know roughly where in the recording the problem occurs.

rikd
Silicondust
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:48 am
Device ID: 1260AFEF
Location: Portugal
x 6

Re: Next Gen Channel Freeze

Post by rikd »

danieljlevine wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 12:50 am I’ll believe I can record it with the DVR and then see if I have a repeatable issue in playback. If I don’t, then I don’t know how you would experience it. Then I guess I might need help figuring out how to reduce the size of the recording to upload.
This is probably the best shot.
If you experience it live while it's been recorded then at least you can identify where it's happening.
Even if you (or us) don't experience in playback we still have the data to look at and see if something is in the data that can be mitigated.

You can reduce the recording size with ffmpeg as long as you don't transcode
-ss will set the start time, so if you experience say five mins in set it to 00:05:00
-t is to, so will stop at time specified - say 60 for 1 minute
putting it all together would be something like

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -ss 00:05:00 -i <recording.mpg> -cv copy -ca copy -t 60 -o clip.ts
There are other free tools out there to clip TS files for both windows and mac.

danieljlevine
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:26 pm
x 23

Re: Next Gen Channel Freeze

Post by danieljlevine »

I’m trying to figure out how to access a TS file on my NAS that I DVRd with the HDHR DVR. I have several recordings, but I don’t see them using the NAS browser. I’m sure they are there. Is there a trivial way to do this? If not should there be? It would be great if I could cut things down as well without resorting to using ffmpeg and such.

I’ll see if I can figure this out this weekend.

danieljlevine
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:26 pm
x 23

Re: Next Gen Channel Freeze

Post by danieljlevine »

Never mind, web page access for HDR DVD allows me to download what I assume are TS files. So I’ll record one now that I know how to download them.

Post Reply