Roku app error EXIT_BRIGHTSCRIPT_CRASH

Help and support for HDHomeRun Tuners, HDHomeRun DVR, and HDHomeRun software for Windows, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Post Reply
Terryraymond
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2026 1:30 pm

Roku app error EXIT_BRIGHTSCRIPT_CRASH

Post by Terryraymond »

Hi guys
Just got a Roku 4k streaming stick and when I launch the app I get an error stating “ EXIT_BRIGHTSCRIPT_CRASH” after an animation… it won’t load at all after that. Any ideas how to fix ?

NedS
Silicondust
Posts: 3591
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:38 pm
x 155

Re: Roku app error EXIT_BRIGHTSCRIPT_CRASH

Post by NedS »

If you unplug the Roku from power, and then plug it back in, does it work, or at least get you back to the error message? If it gets you to the error message, see if you can take a picture with your phone and then e-mail it to us at support@silicondust.com

Terryraymond
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2026 1:30 pm

Re: Roku app error EXIT_BRIGHTSCRIPT_CRASH

Post by Terryraymond »

Yep tried to power cycle, uninstall, reinstall, even factiry reset and made a new Roku account but to no avail. I don't fancy leaving my macbook on to use Jellyfin or similar.

nickk
Silicondust
Posts: 21166
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:39 am
x 410

Re: Roku app error EXIT_BRIGHTSCRIPT_CRASH

Post by nickk »

Please take a picture of the error and email it to support@silicondust.com

Terryraymond
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2026 1:30 pm

Re: Roku app error EXIT_BRIGHTSCRIPT_CRASH

Post by Terryraymond »

I sent an email over

howardc1243
Posts: 254
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:50 am
Device ID: scribe 4k 15402ABF
x 36

Re: Roku app error EXIT_BRIGHTSCRIPT_CRASH

Post by howardc1243 »

Terryraymond wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2026 1:49 pm I sent an email over
you might want to consider getting the roku ultra, it does a better job handling the hdhomerun app and it has dolby atmos ac4 audio encoding as well as support for hevc.

this is not advertising it is only suggessive

howardc1243
Posts: 254
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:50 am
Device ID: scribe 4k 15402ABF
x 36

Re: Roku app error EXIT_BRIGHTSCRIPT_CRASH

Post by howardc1243 »

I have did some checking on the Roku streaming Stick 4K that I have connected to my TV set and apparently Roku is not supporting AC3 audio pass through with the streaming Stick 4K I have tried it with my Roku streaming Stick 4K and the message I get is that the channel that I am watching is using a audio format that has to be digitally passed through by my TV and I set the appropriate settings for that and the audio still doesn't pass through which indicates to me that Roku is no longer supporting AC3 on the Roku streaming Stick 4K.

Post Reply