Just cut cable, got gifted Roku

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
RayDas

Just cut cable, got gifted Roku

Post by RayDas »

I got gifted a Roku Express 4K+ contraption, how will this work with my HDHomerun setup? I disconnected my cable card tuner, but I have my two OTA tuners for the OTA stuff. I guess I am curious if I will be able to record any of the Roku stuff with my HDHomerun DVR.

Thanks

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Just cut cable, got gifted Roku

Post by NedS »

It basically works like any other HDHomeRun client device, install the HDHomeRun app and use it from there. It will only record from HDHomeRun tuners.

RayDas

Post by RayDas »

So far I think I like Roku.

I was trying to figure out how to record some Roku stuff, but it does not have a dvr capability. I was thinking that maybe I could do the recording via the HDHomerun dvr, no such luck, or I have not found the secret.

Since my Roku setup uses the WiFi, I am impressed with the quality of the picture that I am receiving. I was trying to figure how to do a lan setup, but could not find how to do it.

To bad Silicon Dust does not have a solution for using their dvr to record Roku selections.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

RayDas wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:32 am So far I think I like Roku.

I was trying to figure out how to record some Roku stuff, but it does not have a dvr capability. I was thinking that maybe I could do the recording via the HDHomerun dvr, no such luck, or I have not found the secret.

Since my Roku setup uses the WiFi, I am impressed with the quality of the picture that I am receiving. I was trying to figure how to do a lan setup, but could not find how to do it.

To bad Silicon Dust does not have a solution for using their dvr to record Roku selections.
This is incorrect, the HDHomeRun app for Roku does supports DVR features.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

NedS wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:51 am
RayDas wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:32 am So far I think I like Roku.

This is incorrect, the HDHomeRun app for Roku does supports DVR features.
I believe the poster appears to be wanting to record roku channels not tv channels.

techpro2004

Post by techpro2004 »

To record roku channels try playon.