Windows 10 HDHomeRun auto start up

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Ken H

Windows 10 HDHomeRun auto start up

Post by Ken H »

Is there a way to have HDHomeRun automatically start up when WIndows 10 starts up?

Generalized Windows 10 info says in the menu to right click on the app but there is no option for start. In Settings, Apps, Startup, HDHomeRun is not an option.

I'm hoping someone has figured out a way, maybe a registry edit, or other?

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.

emg60060

Re: Windows 10 HDHomeRun auto start up

Post by emg60060 »

You could create a batch script or to run at logon or a scheduled task containing:

Code: Select all

cmd /c start shell:AppsFolder\EF712BA7.HDHomeRunDVR_23nna27hyxhag!App

Ken H

Post by Ken H »

I'm not knowledgeable enough to know how to do what you described, or which way would be preferred. If you could be more specific it would help me greatly.

emg60060

Post by emg60060 »

I think the easiest is to create a batch script in your startup folder. You can follow these steps to create the script in the right place:
Open File Explorer
In the address bar type or paste "shell:startup" (without quotes) and press Enter
- Explorer will navigate to your startup folder
Then click in the address bar, delete the entire folder path and type "cmd" (without quotes) and press Enter
- Command prompt window will open in the startup folder path
In the command prompt window type or paste "echo start shell:AppsFolder\EF712BA7.HDHomeRunDVR_23nna27hyxhag!App>.\starthdhr.cmd" (without quotes) and press Enter
Close the command window
You will see the starthdhr.cmd file in the startup folder
- You can right-click on the file and click "edit" on the menu to open the file in Notepad, if needed
Double-click on the file to confirm HDHR opens
Verify HDHR opens after a reboot

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl »

There's an easier way to do it. This should work on Windows 10, although I don't have a Windows 10 PC handy to confirm.
  1. Open File Explorer
  2. In the address bar, put in shell:startup and press Enter
  3. Go into the Start menu, right click on the HDHomeRun app and Pin to Start
  4. Dragged the pinned tile from the Start menu to the folder you opened in File Explorer
On Windows 11, it's somewhat backwards, as you can't drag a pinned tile to create a shortcut, but you can drag HDHomeRun directly from All Apps.

Ken H

Post by Ken H »

Thank you very much. I'll give this a try and report back.