HDFX-4K: No video data

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
ryanchild

HDFX-4K: No video data

Post by ryanchild »

About a year ago I purchased a flex 4k refurbished from silicondirect. A month later it stopped getting channels. No matter what channel I tuned to, I got “Unable to play channel: no video data.” I opened a ticket and silicondust promptly sent a new one.

Now, 10 months later, that new unit is suddenly having the exact same problem. Someone else on here said leaving it unplugged for awhile solved the issue for them, but I left mine unplugged all weekend and the issue persists. I also tried plugging my antenna into a tv to make sure something didn’t happen to the antenna or coax run.

No matter what channel I tune to, or whether or not the antenna is connected, signal strength reads 23% and the app says no video data.

I’m not sure why this keeps happening to me. I haven’t seen anything on this forum or the channels dvr forum to indicate this is a common issue. I don’t think I’m doing anything out of the ordinary. I’m using the provided power supply. I use it primarily with channels dvr. I didn’t notice anything unusual in either the HDHR or channels logs. Right before it broke I think I saw channels play a single frame when I asked it to tune to a channel. Since then, nothing.

I’m hoping silicondust will honor the 2 year warranty, but I filed a ticket a week ago and haven’t heard back.

Help?

nickk
Silicondust

Re: HDFX-4K: No video data

Post by nickk »

Confirming the 2 year warranty.

I can check... what is your ticket number?

ryanchild

Post by ryanchild »

Ticket number is 217536, looks like you found it.

After doing a channel scan it did come back with 4 tunable channels all on the same frequency. The frequency is 201Mhz, if that helps.

It used to get 70 or so channels and my tv tuner still gets that many with the same antenna, antenna placement and coax cable.

Thanks for the support, I hope you’re able to do some debug on my return unit and figure out what’s going on.

ryanchild

Post by ryanchild »

Got the replacement unit. It found 83 channels.