LG UI - FrustrationLoading

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
FrustrationLoading

LG UI - FrustrationLoading

Post by FrustrationLoading »

The LG app on my OLED77C9 has many problems. I also experience wrong playback time/progress and the playback will freeze frequently when performing a skip or occasionally a 30 second skip jumps 2-5 minutes instead. The further the reported playback time is off, the more likely it seems the freezes or bad skips will happen, and if the reported time is short, I can't skip the commercials once the time left hits zero, despite there being several minutes left in the recording. I also have one local station that the app selects the wrong audio channel, descriptive audio instead of EN.

This past week the app has crashed twice while scrolling up or down the channel guide with the following error: TypeError: Cannot read propery 'parentNode' of null

I only watch recorded on the firestick in the bedroom, but I rarely see any problems on that HDHomeRun app.

alexl
Silicondust

Re: LG UI - TPeterson

Post by alexl »

FrustrationLoading wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:50 pm The LG app on my OLED77C9 has many problems. I also experience wrong playback time/progress and the playback will freeze frequently when performing a skip or occasionally a 30 second skip jumps 2-5 minutes instead. The further the reported playback time is off, the more likely it seems the freezes or bad skips will happen, and if the reported time is short, I can't skip the commercials once the time left hits zero, despite there being several minutes left in the recording. I also have one local station that the app selects the wrong audio channel, descriptive audio instead of EN.

This past week the app has crashed twice while scrolling up or down the channel guide with the following error: TypeError: Cannot read propery 'parentNode' of null

I only watch recorded on the firestick in the bedroom, but I rarely see any problems on that HDHomeRun app.
When you say channel guide, are you referring to the slice guide or the grid guide?

Can you also provide some steps to reproduce the issue?

Thank you!

FrustrationLoading

Re: LG UI - TPeterson

The guide that is along the right side of the screen that allows you to change channels.

My wife will hit the select button on the LG remote to bring up the menu overlay with the channels down the right side, and then hit the up or down button to move to another channel. After a few clicks of the up (or down) button, the screen went black and displayed the error message described and some column of letters; in t, in n, in div, etc.

icbrkr
Device ID: 10A3F1E1, 10A53524 and 10A7F16A

Re: LG UI - FrustrationLoading

Post by icbrkr »

I also use a LG TV and have seen some of the same issues.. however, what it's been hasn't been the tuner, but my network. When the network would drop out, I'd get odd errors. I ended up putting a satellite access point in my living room.

FrustrationLoading

Re: LG UI - FrustrationLoading

Got the "TypeError: Cannot read propery 'parentNode' of null" error again this evening, trying to scroll up the menu on the right side of the screen to change the channel.

Everything but the laptops and the phones are connected via ethernet.