Request for guide improvement

A place for people to discuss future hardware and software product news
LarrySB

Request for guide improvement

Post by LarrySB »

I could have posted this in another thread but I wanted to be sure that Nickk sees this. I have only been a part of the community for about a month, having moved through several other TV solutions over the years. I am really enjoying the HDHR, using a 1.0 Flex 4 channel and a 3.0 Flex. I live in a corner apartment and having window antennas on 2 different bearings, along with DVR service, is a perfect solution for me. HDHR appears leading edge, to me, for easy OTA viewing and recording...except for the guide. First, I find it takes too many button pushes to get to the guide and I find little utility in the "Slices". Second, I would like to have a way to jump forward to a future time or day within the 14 day guide. Finally, I would like to see more robust information in the guide. Perhaps I am spoiled by guides with other services that cost more, but it is nice to have things like season/ episode, major actors, year a movie was made in every applicable guide entry.
Larry

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Request for guide improvement

Post by nickk »

Quick one first - you can turn off Slice guide in the app settings menu. If you do that pressing UP or DOWN will take you immediately to the grid guide.

LarrySB

Re: Request for guide improvement

Post by LarrySB »

Great thanks, much more user friendly with the Slice OFF.
Larry