Flickering on animaiton on Fox

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Jsherman

Flickering on animaiton on Fox

Post by Jsherman »

I have been noticing some flickering from the animated shows on Fox (Simpsons, Great North, Bob's Burgers & Foamily Guy). I notice this on all my devices, (TV with Nvidia Shield, Windows Computer and Motorola Phone). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I have uploaded a capture video from my computer to show the issue. Please see the red curtain in the background.
https://imgur.com/a/PtFefwc

HDHR5-4K - Device ID - 1080CB62

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: Flickering on animaiton on Fox

Post by jasonl »

Do you see it on the built-in tuner on a TV? Seeing it across multiple devices likely indicates that it's being encoded like that by the broadcaster.

Jsherman

Post by Jsherman »

jasonl wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:44 pm Do you see it on the built-in tuner on a TV? Seeing it across multiple devices likely indicates that it's being encoded like that by the broadcaster.
I feared that may be a possibility. I should note, his is happening on the ATSC 1.0 channel, & I have not checked to see if it happening on the ATSC 3.0 channels. Anything else I could try that you could think of? I do have a full signal on both.

Sadly I don't have an antenna connected to the TV currently.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

It looks to be a fault in the broadcast. The only thing you can really do is call the TV station to let them know... hopefully they will fix it.

Jsherman

Post by Jsherman »

nickk wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:15 am It looks to be a fault in the broadcast. The only thing you can really do is call the TV station to let them know... hopefully they will fix it.
Sounds good. I will look into contacting them.