Digital Passthrough not working with 4/2 version of HDHR in Win10

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
aldamon

Digital Passthrough not working with 4/2 version of HDHR in Win10

Post by aldamon »

Hi all,

I just fired up the 4/2 version of HDHR in Win10 and Digital Passthrough is no longer working with my 1050 TI, Windows 10, and Onkyo receiver. I have to use PCM (5.1) mode to get audio. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Don't want to use PCM as Windows has a habit of always reverting speaker config to Stereo.

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Digital Passthrough not working with 4/2 version of HDHR in Win10

Post by nickk »

Do you get a pop-up error message?

Can you please turn on "send diagnostic information" in the settings menu and double-check the Speaker Configuration option is set to Digital Passthrough... then post back with the Device ID of your HDHomeRun.

aldamon

Post by aldamon »

The only error message I see is if PCM 5.1 Surround mode is selected because Windows always reverts to Stereo. There are no error messages with Digital Passthrough selected. Just silent. There are no current issues with any bitstreamed sound format in MPC-BE. This is a new issue with HDHR software with same configuration I've always used. I'm assuming Windows updated the app and I haven't used HDHR since the Oscars.

Model: HDHR5-4K
Device ID: 1080C6B3
Firmware: 20231214

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Thanks.

Problem found and fixed. A new release has been submitted to the Microsoft Store.

aldamon

Post by aldamon »

EDIT: Think I just hadn't got the update. Passthrough working great now after checking store again. Thank you!