"(no filesystem)" + red flashing light on Servio

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
gab

"(no filesystem)" + red flashing light on Servio

Post by gab »

Hello

I am the happy owner of a 4-year-old Servio (connected to a 10-year-old Prime).

It's been working fine for a bit over four years, but tonight the UI reports "(no filesystem)" and there is a red flashing light on the Servio itself.

I assume that the hard disk has reached its end of life.

What are my options?

Thanks!

nickk
Silicondust

Re: "(no filesystem)" + red flashing light on Servio

Post by nickk »

You can replace the hard drive in SERVIO...
https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/scribe_ ... cing_drive

gab

Post by gab »

Thanks. Do you have specific recommendations for a "video spec hard drive"?

I see that my unit came with a Seagate ST2000VT000 that has probably been discontinued?

In the meantime, I replaced the disk with a Samsung 870 EVO SSD that I had on hand. The process was very easy.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl »

A good quality SSD like that Samsung EVO is a good choice. Nothing specific on the mechanical drive side, but there are a variety of drives on Amazon and such sold as "video", "AV", "surveillance", or "security camera" use, all of which just mean the drive is intended for 24/7 use, rather than laptop drives which are specced for more typical laptop use. The important thing is the sizing, it needs to be a 2.5" drive with 7mm height. 9mm or 15mm drives will not fit. If you end up with a mechanical drive that has a different location for the vent hole, make sure you modify the thermal pad so it doesn't get covered.