How to get only starred channels to show in program guide?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
MrDoh

How to get only starred channels to show in program guide?

Post by MrDoh »

My channel list is 75 stations. I only want to use about 10 of those, which I've starred in the scanned channel list. Those stations are scattered throughout the channel numbers. How do I get only the starred channels to show in my guide? Or at the very least, sort the list so that the starred channels are first? The guide is much less useful to me the way that it is than it could easily be.

I can do this for the "slices" guide on the right of the screen, just show the starred channels...so I assume that this must be implemented for the grid-style program guide as well, but can't find a setting for it.

I can't believe that this is could be a feature request. There are so many channels out there that are not of interest, not to mention duplicate network affiliate stations for the many networks out there. So I have to know the channel numbers for the specific affiliates that I want to use (the strongest signals, of course), and can't get them contiguously on one screen to choose a show. This had to be a design consideration for the program guide.

Thanks!

Cabal

Re: How to get only starred channels to show in program guide?

Post by Cabal »

You could block (red X) the channels you don't want? That's what I do with the Spanish and infomercial channels.

MrDoh

Re: How to get only starred channels to show in program guide?

Post by MrDoh »

Cabal wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:46 pm You could block (red X) the channels you don't want? That's what I do with the Spanish and infomercial channels.
And that keeps them out of the grid program guide? I'll check that out, thanks!

It would be better to have the 10 stations that I starred be the trigger, but I guess that I can "X" out the 65 stations that I don't want *smile*.

That does work, much appreciated!

My next question is how to get back to the program guide from Live TV on the Apple TV app? Most apps use the "Back" button to do that, the only way that I can find to do it is pressing "Select" to get back to the "Guide" lower task bar choice. Is there a single button way to do this?

Haven't found a basic controls use tutorial yet, obviously.