PLEX Can No Longer See HDHR-US

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
f1d094

PLEX Can No Longer See HDHR-US

Post by f1d094 »

I have a Gen1 HDHR-US which was previously discovered by, and used with PLEX media server. I used it to record much of the last Olympics. Unfortunately, their program guide had serious issues resulting in mis-matched and missed events. So I wound up disabling the PLEX DVR and reverted everything back to MythTV. The HDHR-US works great with MythTV as it always has.

I've decided I'd like to give PLEX DVR another go, but it now cannot even see the HDHR-US. The HDHR-US has the latest (20230505) firmware. I assumed it was a PLEX issue at first, but now I see that SiliconDust's own HomeRun app (AppleTV) also can no longer see the HDHR-US. I posted similarly under that forum. Has there been a change in the firmware that would cause this problem on both platforms?

aapullins

Re: PLEX Can No Longer See HDHR-US

Post by aapullins »

I am having the same issue with both of my tuners on Plex. I have been having many issues since the last Plex update. The Homerun app on Apple sees the tuners.

johneed

Post by johneed »

I just bought the 4K HDHR. I have Plex Lifetime. I can use my tuners via Plex on my desktop, and on my Android phone, but on my Amazon FireTV stick, I do not see the tuners/channels. That is where I need them most...

Obatzda

Post by Obatzda »

f1d094 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:50 am I have a Gen1 HDHR-US which was previously discovered by, and used with PLEX media server. I used it to record much of the last Olympics. Unfortunately, their program guide had serious issues resulting in mis-matched and missed events. So I wound up disabling the PLEX DVR and reverted everything back to MythTV. The HDHR-US works great with MythTV as it always has.

I've decided I'd like to give PLEX DVR another go, but it now cannot even see the HDHR-US. The HDHR-US has the latest (20230505) firmware. I assumed it was a PLEX issue at first, but now I see that SiliconDust's own HomeRun app (AppleTV) also can no longer see the HDHR-US. I posted similarly under that forum. Has there been a change in the firmware that would cause this problem on both platforms?
I'm in the same boat. Plex Media Server used to be able to see my legacy HDHR device in the distant past. For the past year at least, it doesn't find it anymore. The only change on my end was updating to newer versions of PMS. Of course, the native HDHomeRun application is still able to see it.