Feature Request: Manual Tuning

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
seanbarry0559

Feature Request: Manual Tuning

Post by seanbarry0559 »

Is there any possibility of future update, making maunal tuning (by UHF channel or frequency) being available via the Web UI. The config method looks a bit daunting to be honest.

HDHomerun Quatro.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Feature Request: Manual Tuning

Post by signcarver »

What are you trying to accomplish... the app probably never will as it relies on the channel list generatedby the scan, they have also been pretty much against adding a feature to manually add channels to such scan.

You can always tune such with the http api by specifying ch rather than v for the channel (using either frequency or physical channel number). Most can also use config_gui (apple did something many years ago so config_gui will no longer work on a mac).

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

You can do that with VLC and the HDHomeRun...

In VLC "Open Network Stream" and enter http://hdhomerun.local:5004/auto/chX-Y

Where X is the physical channel number and Y is the program number.

seanbarry0559

Post by seanbarry0559 »

Given that the tuner defaults to the strongest signal, I'm having issues being between two transmitters. One to the North (Divis - Belfast), and one to the South (Clermont Carn - Dundalk).
The two platforms Freeview (UK), and Saorview (IRL) use the same LCN No's, so when I set my programme No. 01 to RTE One, from the Clermont Carn Tx then tuner will replace it with BBC One from the Divis Tx. My aim in the longer term is to have separate tuners for the UK and Irish services, but in the short term, scan only the Saorview transmitter (UHF 42 & 45), and make do without UK channels untill such time as I acquire a second HDHomerun.

This issue most likely stems for the analogue legacy of having the feed from the UK and Irish antennas diplexed into a single downlead. I would rather avoid splitting them, as I don't want to be boring any more holes in the wall. Thanks for the replys guys.

ellena.matteo

Post by ellena.matteo »

I have the same Issue:

Here there are two transmitters. One for Italian Channels and one for Slovenia Channels.
The two platforms use the same LCN No's, so when I set my programme tuner will replace italian with the Slovenia channel.
Perfect it was edit any channel or exclude UHF 27 and 28 from the scan.

Thanks

ellena.matteo

Post by ellena.matteo »

In any case:
analyzing the Json on http://hdhomerun.local/lineup.json?tuning i cannot find channels with same LCN ...
During scanning i can see the Italian Channel but at the end these are replaced from Slovenian Channel ... i suppouse that a change sould be made on firmware side allowing to have more channels with the same LCN.

nblair5
Device ID: 10A5692F, 10407FBB

Post by nblair5 »

Can you elaborate on the pushback on manual edits to the scan? I've looked and I don't see any old posts on the topic.

I've got two cases of virtual channel overlap that I would love to be able to manually force to one of the two RF channels. WCBS-TV is on both RF 22 and RF 36 and I've run into situations where tuning one subchannel goes to one and another subchannel goes to the other. RF 22 is similar signal strength but way less reliable than RF 36 because of antenna orientation and multipath.

The other is a misconfiguration of W24EZ-D to the wrong virtual channel (24.1 when it should be 28.1) that is preventing my channel list from showing WEDH-1 24.1. You would think that problem would be temporary, but both channels have been notified (the offender 9 months ago, the offended 2 months ago) and the problem persists.

I can tune any of these manually, but they prevent me from selecting the channel I want from the app. It would be great if I could fix the problem myself. Even if it involved editing a database and losing the edits after every channel scan, it would really help.

kyl416
Device ID: 1080DB11,1040501B

Post by kyl416 »

nblair5 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:33 pmThe other is a misconfiguration of W24EZ-D to the wrong virtual channel (24.1 when it should be 28.1) that is preventing my channel list from showing WEDH-1 24.1. You would think that problem would be temporary, but both channels have been notified (the offender 9 months ago, the offended 2 months ago) and the problem persists.
Do a rescan, a few hours ago W24EZ-D changed their virtual number to 16.1 so it no longer conflicts with WEDH.

nblair5
Device ID: 10A5692F, 10407FBB

Post by nblair5 »

kyl416 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:02 pm Do a rescan, a few hours ago W24EZ-D changed their virtual number to 16.1 so it no longer conflicts with WEDH.
Done after seeing your post on avsforum. Thank you!

I still would like to be able to force the RF channel for WCBS-TV, but I think I can live with rerunning updates of channel lists until I get the right ones.