metadata - setting own ImageURL

Want to write your own code to work with a HDHomeRun or work with the HDHomeRun DVR? We are happy to help with concepts, APIs, best practices.
mrrrk

metadata - setting own ImageURL

Post by mrrrk »

Hi

I've been using MCEBuddy (and a bit of my own code to tidy up the metadata) and I'm pretty close to getting the 1 TB or so (I know) of .WTV files from Windows Media Center into HDHomeRun format.

One thing I've not managed to crack has been thumbnail images - set through the ImageURL field (in the JSON embedded in the first few transport stream packets). It seems that only URLs from HDHomeRun's server seem to work in this field. I've tried:

- copying an actual HDHR image onto my own server
- using both HTTP and HTTPS
- various image sizes
- editing the ImageURL value with the 'wrong' image from another programme previously recorded by HDHR

...and only the last one worked.

Is the software set up _only_ to accept HDHR's own images? Or is there some http header that's missing or something? What I'd really like to do is be able to serve images from a localhost server and set them up manually - just so the (somewhat large) library of old programmes looks a bit nicer and is easier to navigate.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: metadata - setting own ImageURL

Post by signcarver »

It used to work long ago but then I think the app changed to just get the image for the entire series rather than the image for the individual episodes and I believe that image for the entire series is obtained from retrieving the data for the series from SD, but there is a slight chance it may retrieve one of the imageURLs in the recordings so one thing I have been meaning to try is changing the series ID to something that wouldn't be generated and then setting the ImageURL and possibly even needing to restart the record engine and see if it picks it up, but that may cause other issues (such as rerecordings). But I do believe the app now just uses the image name and the rest of the url is hard coded to retrieve from SD. At one time we actually could get trailer "images" working in some of the apps but that was long ago. It wouldn't even surprise me if some aspects of the app now use just the SeriesID to form that ImageURL rather than actually retrieving the ImageURL.

mrrrk

Post by mrrrk »

Hmm. Thanks. I don't suppose there's a way of getting a directory of series ID related images from SD's server so that I could plant those in instead?!

I'm thinking the series IDs that WMC + MCEBuddy put in (which are inconsistent) are maybe not the ones SD would have, so I can't 'guess' them... :?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

only easily if such series or movie is airing in the next 2 weeks based on your channel lineup (assuming you have dvr access, not just utilizing an engine just to serve other recordings).