Roku and DVR - compatible?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
weather42

Roku and DVR - compatible?

Post by weather42 »

I have a Connect4K on my network. It shows up on my Roku (Streaming Stick 4K) using the HDHomeRun app and tunes channels fine. The app also shows a DVR selection, but I have not subscribed to the DVR option yet. I was going to, but I noticed this on the DVR service product page in the store (US store, "HDHomeRun DVR Guide – Yearly" product page):

"The HDHomeRun DVR software works with HDHomeRun tuners (CONNECT, EXTEND, EXPAND, PRIME) to record to your Mac, Windows 10/UWP, or NAS, with playback on your Mac, Windows 10/UWP, Android Mobile, Android Media devices and iOS devices (minimum version 11.0 for the above listed tuners – does not work with legacy products)"

Roku is not listed there for playback. Is this just old information, or does the DVR not play back with a Roku? If it does indeed work with the Roku, can I also schedule recordings with the Roku app or do I need to use a PC interface to do the scheduling?

I would use a Synology NAS for the storage location.

Thanks

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Roku and DVR - compatible?

Post by nickk »

Yes, Roku is compatible.

BTW - the next Roku release due out any day now adds the Tasks page you see in our other apps.

weather42

Re: Roku and DVR - compatible?

Post by weather42 »

Thank you.