I am also having a DVR not recording issue

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
aaronwt

Shows not recording - aaronwt

Post by aaronwt »

I'm also having a similar issue. Everything stopped recording from my HDHomeRun DVR a couple of days ago. Now nothing I do will make it record anything from my sixteen HDHR tuners.

aaronwt

I am also having a DVR not recording issue

Post by aaronwt »

It started a couple of days ago and nothing will record.
I went thorough the setup again. Rebooted the machine etc.
Nothing I have done gets the HDHomeRun DVR recording again. My Plex DVR is not having any issues recording. So the sixteen HDHR tuners I have are working.
I've set all my HDHR tuner devices to send diagnostic data.
The IDs are
Flex4k OTA Device ID 10A2F5B7
Prime 1 with FiOS Cable card Device ID 13270C3E
Prime 2 with FiOS unencrypted channels Device ID 13116BE6
Prime 3 with FiOS unencrypted channels Device ID 131DE93F
Prime 4 with FiOS unencrypted channels Device ID 131B498F

Thanks

EDIT: I previously only had the HDHR recording from my FLex 4K. When I went through the setup again, I enabled all the Prime tuners for the HDHR DVR to access. I tried setting up some recordings but none of them happened. All my regular HDHR recordings are from OTA and ATSC 3.0 channels. And I have no problem tuning to those same channels live. The log shows it tuning to the proper channel to stream to the DVR. But then it shows the stream ending, around 1 to 1.5 minutes later. Any idea what could be causing this?

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: I am also having a DVR not recording issue

Post by jasonl »

It looks like you changed your email address and that messed things up. Do you want it under .com or .net?

aaronwt

Post by aaronwt »

jasonl wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:08 pm It looks like you changed your email address and that messed things up. Do you want it under .com or .net?
The newer one under .net please.

aaronwt

Post by aaronwt »

How do I activate the software again? With the .net email address? The DVR software, on the account information page, says to enter the first 8 characters of an activation code. But I have no activation code. Only a license. And entering the first eight digits of the license doesn't do anything. I found the original email from the DVR software purchase. But all that has is the same license. I see no way to activate the DVR software again, with my .net email address.

aaronwt

Post by aaronwt »

I was able to enter the info using my original .com email address and the first eight digits of the license, but then it shows that the DVR is not active. When I use my .net email address, it won't take it.
What do I need to do to get the DVR software active again?

aaronwt

Post by aaronwt »

I tried changing my email address back to the .com one, on my account page online. But it still makes no difference. It shows the DVR service is not active.
I'm going to change it back to the .net one, again.

aaronwt

Post by aaronwt »

I just submitted a ticket on the Silicon Dust webpage.

aaronwt

Post by aaronwt »

Any idea how much longer it will take to adjust my account with my newer email address? To reactivate the DVR subscription?

Or would it just be easier for me to pay for another year now, with my new email address? And just get rid of the almost two months I have left on my current subscription, that was done with the old email.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

aaronwt wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:33 pm Any idea how much longer it will take to adjust my account with my newer email address? To reactivate the DVR subscription?

Or would it just be easier for me to pay for another year now, with my new email address? And just get rid of the almost two months I have left on my current subscription, that was done with the old email.
Nick has to dive into some database to do it, but if you are okay with re-doing your tasks then we can just change it to the newer address. It will be seen as a different account to the DVR backend, but the shop/subscription part would still be the same (so you would still have two months left).

aaronwt

Post by aaronwt »

NedS wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:00 pm
aaronwt wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:33 pm Any idea how much longer it will take to adjust my account with my newer email address? To reactivate the DVR subscription?

Nick has to dive into some database to do it, but if you are okay with re-doing your tasks then we can just change it to the newer address. It will be seen as a different account to the DVR backend, but the shop/subscription part would still be the same (so you would still have two months left).
That is fine. If it faster that way, to get the DVr service back up, then I am OK with it. I only have around a dozen tasks for recording shows, so it's no problem for me to do them over.

And then when it's time for the automatic DVR service renewal, in a couple of months, that will be with my new email address? And won't cause any issues?

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Fixed.

aaronwt

Post by aaronwt »

Thanks!! I see it is working. And is also recording from the tasks I had previously setup.