Connect Quatro and Connect 4K still sold and supported?

Want to write your own code to work with a HDHomeRun or work with the HDHomeRun DVR? We are happy to help with concepts, APIs, best practices.
SteveMcD

Connect Quatro and Connect 4K still sold and supported?

Post by SteveMcD »

I am not sure if this is the correct place for this question. I looked through the forum and could not find any discuss on the topic

I have a HomeRun Connect Quatro and HomeRun Connect 4K. I see these products are no longer listed under the sold products.
- Are these still being supported?
- Hoping the Connect 4K will support the encryption someday. Is this the plan?
- Do I now need to purchase the newer model?
- If these were discontinued why was this the case?

Thank you for your response.

Steve

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Connect Quatro and Connect 4K still sold and supported?

Post by nickk »

SteveMcD wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:05 am I have a HomeRun Connect Quatro and HomeRun Connect 4K. I see these products are no longer listed under the sold products.
The HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO and CONNECT 4K are modern generation products. The latest is the HDHomeRun FLEX 4K which is 100% identical in operation to the CONNECT 4K when used without a USB hard drive. The new feature is the ability to connect a USB hard drive.
SteveMcD wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:05 am - Are these still being supported?
Fully supported.

BTW - On May 5th we released a firmware update for the original legacy HDHR1 (aka HDHR-US) model from 2006-2007.
SteveMcD wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:05 am - Hoping the Connect 4K will support the encryption someday. Is this the plan?
Yes.
SteveMcD wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:05 am - Do I now need to purchase the newer model?
You currently have 8 tuners (8 with ATSC 1.0 and 2 with ATSC 3.0). If you add a new FLEX 4K you will have 12 tuners (12 with ATSC 1.0 and 4 with ATSC 3.0).
SteveMcD wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:05 am - If these were discontinued why was this the case?
We added the USB hard drive feature. Without a USB hard drive connected the FLEX 4K is functionally identical to the CONNECT 4K. You can also use PC, Mac, Linux, FreeBSD, or quality NAS for recordings.

SteveMcD

Re: Connect Quatro and Connect 4K still sold and supported?

Post by SteveMcD »

Thanks for the quick reply.

Sounds good.

Have a good day.

Steve