HD HomeRun DUO "Found 0 Programs" Error

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
Dailylimit

HD HomeRun DUO "Found 0 Programs" Error

Post by Dailylimit »

Hello,

Having an issue with my HDHomeRUN. A bit of history. I picked this device up in 2018/2019 to watch an occasional game on the TV. It really for the most part sat unused. Ended up selling my house and for the next 1-2 years sat boxed up. Last year I broke it out and set it up at my gf's place to watch a game. Worked just fine. I bring it back to my place and try to set it up but it won't work. Would never complete a channel scan. Boxed it up and decided would pick it back up again later. Decided to retry hooking it back up in my place and again its not working.

It's odd because it worked fine at my old house using the same modem and router which I am using at my apartment. I did switch ISP's but my girlfriends ISP is the same on that I now use in my apartment so there goes that thought. I've tried setting the device up on multiple devices such as my Macbook, Firestick and TV but all fail to locate any channels.

I am using a Netgear Nighthawk router. The port that it is plugged into is blinking amber rather than white (for my other devices). Its solid green on the HD HomeRUN itself. From what I can tell the amber light is only because the device connected (the HD HomeRUN) does not have the bandwidth for max download settings that the router is capable of. I checked my router settings and the device is showing connected via Ethernet and is being assigned an IP address on my subnet (in the same range along with all my other devices). I am able to successfully ping the device from my computer.

The device did warn me I was behind a firmware update so did that. The firmware update completed successfully.

When I try to load the HDHomeRun app on my computer the following terminal windows popped up. It says the device is found and running the latest firmware. When I run the channel scan from either the app or from the web browser it continually fails to locate a lineup. I've tried using both the "cable" option and "antenna" option. I live 5 minutes from my gf and in the city limits. I'm using a ClearStream 4Max Digital Antenna.

Anyone have any thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: HD HomeRun DUO "Found 0 Programs" Error

Post by signcarver »

If you have a windows pc, run hdhomerun_config_gui and manually go through the channels and check signal levels of each... 100% strength is often too high of power. If you only have the Mac, you can run a scan from hdhomerun_config but it isn't as interactive as config_gui.

Just to be clear, this is a modern connect duo, not a legacy 3rd or earlier gen dual correct? Legacy equipment must run a channel scan from setup from the full windows software package, both the tuner and windows pc must have internet access. A modern device maintains its own lineup. (I believe it is modern since you mentioned web browser but wanted to be sure)

Depending on location, that antenna may be overpowering the signal and/or there may be lte or other interference compared to your other locations which can also contribute to the signal being too hot. These days I always recommend an appropriate lte filter for your region.

Dailylimit

Post by Dailylimit »

Hey signcarver,

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. The box itself says it's a HD HomeRun Connect Duo. It has 2 tuners. Looks like the model # showing in the software is 1069A1C0. Not sure if this helps or not define whether its a 3rd or earlier gen dual.

I fired up my Windows PC and ran hdhomerun_config_gui. I'm able to flip through the channels on either tuner. I'm showing the signal strength vary based on what channel I'm on. Channel 30-40%. Channel 14: 29-30%. Channel 16: 50-55%. So far nothing has been going to 100%.

Of note though ... signal / symbol quality is at 0%. Network Rate is at 0.000 Mbps and Network Target is showing as "none" for all channels I'm "flipping" through.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

The unit is a 5th gen duo, I just wanted to check as many are referring to an old legacy dual as a duo which is the new term starting with 5th gen (4th was just connect)

Make sure you choose correct physical channel... personally I would look at all of them. You often don't want to see 100% strength as you won't know how much above 100% it is the other 2 are more important and when strength shows 100% it may hurt the other 2 if it is actually too much above it. Network Rate and Target won't show up until it is actually streaming some place.

Most likely you will want to turn on sending of diagnostics data and run a scan which may give them an idea of where to look.