ONN Android Device - Unable to play channel: End of Stream

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
JDazell

ONN Android Device - Unable to play channel: End of Stream

Post by JDazell »

I have a customer with a 2month old Flex Duo that is intermittently having this issue while watching Channel 11 in Toledo, OH.
The channel will be playing just fine and then randomly freezes and the message pops up on the screen; "Unable to play channel: End of Stream".
Restarting the ONN device will clear the problem, but will reappear.

He also has a Roku TV in another room which has NEVER experienced this error.

The device ID is 1091C8D9
Android App version: 20221030
UI Version: 20221116a beta
Send diagnostic info is turned on.
The first error displayed after turning on "Send Diags" was today 11/22 @ 17:08EST

Also, while the error was displayed on the ONN screen, the Signal GH App showed that everything was green and 100%

Jeff-DAServices LLC
** Reposting in "Troubleshooting Live"

JDazell

Re: ONN Android Device - Unable to play channel: End of Stream

Post by JDazell »

Any chance someone from SD can take a look at the logs, please ... Nickk or Jasonl ?

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

It might be related to an issue that Nick is looking into for some Android devices, but I will ask.

JDazell

Post by JDazell »

Thanks NedS,
I have a similar configuration of TP-Link Deco M5 WiFi Mesh, an ONN Android device and I also live in Toledo, OH. I have confirmed that my HD App, HD UI, and ONN Firmware are running the exact same versions.

I am unable to duplicate the freezing in my environment. The singular difference is my customer has a FlexDuo with a Toshiba Canvino 1TB USB Drive. Whereas I have a Scribe Duo and a Connect 4K.

I have sat at his house for hours waiting for the freezing event only to be stymied. When the freeze error does come up it can only be resolved by physically rebooting the ONN Android device. I installed the Antenna, HD and Mesh hardware around September 15, 2022. Initially he had no TV in the Livingroom, it was being remodeled. I performed an HD Firmware upgrade and a Deco Mesh upgrade, installed the HD App on the Roku and tested, all was perfect. Then late last month he installed the Livingroom TV along with the ONN Android device. Within a week he began complaining about the freezing error.

It is difficult to chase down since the Roku Express in the bedroom has never showed this error behavior. The Apple iPhone has never had this error and a Mac notebook and Windows notebook have not either.

I am stumped. At this point I am guessing that it is some incompatability between the HD Flex Duo and the ONN Android device.
FYI... I asked my customer to keep a log of any freezing issues, since he has enabled the "Send Diags".

I hope NickK can flesh out what is happening and resolve it quickly. Thanks again for everything that you guys do!.
Happy Thanksgiving.

JDazell

Post by JDazell »

My customer has updated me that the ONN device has been freezing up on Channel 11 only, all morning Friday 11/25/2022.

JDazell

Post by JDazell »

NedS NickK

Gents, any update on this. My customer is beginning to get very perturbed with the continuing freezing and required subsequent resets of the ONN android device. The crappy Roku continues to function perfectly!

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Thanks for the logs - problem found... fix is in QA now.

JDazell

Post by JDazell »

Excellent !

JDazell

Post by JDazell »

NickK,
Any update out of QA on the updated Android APP to fix the Stream Freezing?