Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Re: Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Post by djp952 »

I haven't been able to find anything wrong with seeking the file from any start position, but have only tried Windows machines thus far. Will move onto Android this evening, perhaps it's a platform issue. I'll also try Kodi 19.3, I only have 19.4 installed at the moment :)

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F »

DornoDios wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:25 pm It happens in Kodi on my Fire TV and Shield TV when playing back OTA recordings via Kodi 19.3 ONLY if trying to rewind back prior to the 'resume point'.

Can anyone try to playback an OTA recording from a resume point and then try to rewind prior to the resume point and see if they have an issue or not?
I tried resuming an OTA recording on Kodi 19.4 on my Shield and I can skip backwards before the resume point.

Edit: Also tested on Kodi 18.0 on Win7 and it works fine there too.

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F »

Ken.F wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:43 pm Edit: Also tested on Kodi 18.0 on Win7 and it works fine there too.
Edit 2: FWIW I'm running record engine version 20220822 and FW 20220831beta1 on my HDHR4-2US. I'm holding back on doing any updates until the IPv6 dust settles.

DornoDios
Device ID: 107C3D26

Post by DornoDios »

I reverted to the non-beta recording engine when the issue first occurred. That was the first thing I thought of.

If I playback the files from Kodi without using the PVR client and I just play them back from the network and resume from XYZ position I have the same problem.

I tried copying a file from another drive and placing it in the HDHR recordings directory and it plays back just fine from there. No issues.

So I restart the NAS and then I copy a file that has issues over to the other drive inside my NAS and I try to resume and then rewind and I run into the exact same issue.

I tried restarting the router as well. I just tested a file the HDHR recorded that I copied over to another drive inside the NAS. Playing it back on a FireTV I had no issues at all.

So this issue has to do with my AVR and likely the way audio is output. I usually just watch everything on my PC and only recently started using the Shield TV and Kodi more because of an injury. So I think that's why I noticed this. I'll report back if/when I find out the source issue on the Shield TV + AVR combo.

I'm really sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Update: It's most definitely a Shield TV issue.

They added a new 'feature' that allows you to adjust the volume level on the Shield TV itself. I guess so you can use the remote to adjust the volume even if your screen is just a monitor. Anyway, that appears to be the cause of this. I think it's just an edge case where for some reason upon playback from a resume point the AVR and/or Shield TV can never properly resync the audio. The AVR goes from showing 5.1 PCM output to having the audio/video info blank while trying to play back a file using resume. It doesn't do it on other files, just ones recorded with the HDHR, but it's not worth the hassle to try and figure out why.

If I rewind back some after resuming, pause and then turn passthrough audio "on" the video will sync at that point, but it still won't rewind to a point previous from where I turned passthrough on/off. Obviously it's much easier just to start over and ignore the resume point. I'm certain this is an Nvidia bug at this point.

Last Update: I tried any number of different audio settings in Kodi and on the Shield TV, but nothing would fix the issue. It's trivial to work around the issue by just restarting playback from the beginning. This is likely a result of Nvidia's v9 'system upgrade'. It only impacts files recorded with the HDHR Tuner.

The files resume w/o issue on the Shield TV when using the HDHR app instead of trying to play them via SMB from Kodi or with the PVR Client in Kodi. If anybody has anything they want me to try I'm willing to do so.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

DornoDios wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:56 pm So this issue has to do with my AVR and likely the way audio is output. I usually just watch everything on my PC and only recently started using the Shield TV and Kodi more because of an injury. So I think that's why I noticed this. I'll report back if/when I find out the source issue on the Shield TV + AVR combo.

I'm really sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Update: It's most definitely a Shield TV issue.

They added a new 'feature' that allows you to adjust the volume level on the Shield TV itself. I guess so you can use the remote to adjust the volume even if your screen is just a monitor. Anyway, that appears to be the cause of this. I think it's just an edge case where for some reason upon playback from a resume point the AVR and/or Shield TV can never properly resync the audio. The AVR goes from showing 5.1 PCM output to having the audio/video info blank while trying to play back a file using resume. It doesn't do it on other files, just ones recorded with the HDHR, but it's not worth the hassle to try and figure out why.

If I rewind back some after resuming, pause and then turn passthrough audio "on" the video will sync at that point, but it still won't rewind to a point previous from where I turned passthrough on/off. Obviously it's much easier just to start over and ignore the resume point. I'm certain this is an Nvidia bug at this point.
Dude, it's all good. You didn't waste anyone's time. For me, I wasn't even able to get Kodi 19.4 to launch on Android for some reason (black screen on any device??); I'm legit happy with knowing that it's likely not my fault since I'm clearly not in a position to replicate it!

DornoDios
Device ID: 107C3D26

Post by DornoDios »

That's good to know.

It's so easy to avoid the issue on the Shield TV, but at least it's documented now if someone else runs into it. Even using PCM stereo I still had the issue.

My AVR is an Onkyo NR-575 just in case anyone wondered. Thanks again man!

I never tried 19.4 cause it's never arrived in the playstore on Android. Though I obviously sideload on FireTV.

Williams

Cannot install addon in Kodi Nexus

Post by Williams »

Hello,

Hoping someone can help with this issue. Kodi Nexus beta 1 has been released and when I try to install the latest version of this addon I get the following error message: The dependency on kodi.binary.instance.pvr version 8.0.1 could not be satisfied.

Is there a way to work around this issue?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: This is the Windows 10 x64 zip file installation.
Last edited by Williams on Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clarkss12
Device ID: 1055A951;10781466;1080270E;153070FD;

Post by clarkss12 »

I am running Nexus on a coreELEC machine (Linux based), neither of the three files that I tried will install. Error code moving so fast, can't read it. Said something about the binary.

It says fail to install add-on from zip file. The dependency on Kodi.binary.global.main version 1.3.0 could not be satisfied.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

clarkss12 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:05 pm I am running Nexus on a coreELEC machine (Linux based), neither of the three files that I tried will install. Error code moving so fast, can't read it. Said something about the binary.

It says fail to install add-on from zip file. The dependency on Kodi.binary.global.main version 1.3.0 could not be satisfied.
I current do not have formal support for Nexus. There is an unreleased changeset that would fix that, but there were also some very fundamental third-party code changes (different SSL library, HDHomeRun went IPv6) that I have not been able to test in any meaningful way, so it's still "unreleased". By the time I get around to it, I'll likely have to update everything and re-test again :)

I have "parted ways" with Team Kodi on a fundamental level and have not been actively keeping up with or maintaining this project for a few/many months. While I still need to rely upon it for my personal use, I'm still on Matrix.

I extend my apologies for semi-abandoning this project, but things change? It was a good run. SiliconDust has really fleshed out their ecosystem vision since came to be, and I encourage trying out how that ecosystem might work for you. I let Team Kodi know that anything and everything I've done is 100% public and I have zero intention of deleting it on them. I hope they pick it up and run with it for everyone else, but I'm done with it and will only share any changes that I had to make for myself.

When I upgrade to Nexus and run into this problem, I'll fix it (and share it), but until then, I'm "out". Sincerely and very sorry for that attitude.

clarkss12
Device ID: 1055A951;10781466;1080270E;153070FD;

Post by clarkss12 »

You have done a fantastic job, I am very grateful and thank you.

Williams

Post by Williams »

clarkss12 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:18 am You have done a fantastic job, I am very grateful and thank you.
Agree - thanks for making such a great Kodi PVR add on for the HDHomeRun djp952!