I’ve had a Connect Quatro for a few years and it’s worked relatively well. I haven’t used it much over the summer, but now that new shows are starting Internet system seems to have developed an issue.
I’ve tested the live stream on TCL Roku TV using the HDHomeRun, Emby and Plex apps, and all three will play fine for 2-3 minutes before getting hung up. On occasion it will continue to play before hanging again.
I’ve also attempted to view DVR recordings and Emby and Plex and the same thing happens with those.
Thinking it might be a Roku thing I tried the iOS Emby app but the same thing happens.
I’m not sure what changed, but I’d really like to get this resolved. Is there a known issue I haven’t seen, is my device dying, or is it something else?
Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
We would like to get some diagnostic data to see what is happening:
- In a web browser go to http://hdhomerun.local
NOTE: That address will go do the first HDHomeRun device found on your network. If you have more than one HDHomeRun device, use the "device ID" printed on the bottom of the unit instead of "hdhomerun" in the address. For example, if your device ID was 104FFFFF then you would go to http://104fffff.local
- If it tells you that a firmware update is available, please install it
- Click "System Menu"
- Check the "Send diagnostic information" box (if this box is already checked, please un-check then re-check it)
- Go back one page
- Click "Channel Lineup"
- Click on "Detect Channels"
- After the scan finishes, open the HDHomeRun app on the iOS device
- Go into the app settings: the gear icon in the top right corner of the "Live/Recorded/Discover/Tasks" page
- Enable the option to "Send diagnostic information"
- Watch a problem channel for at least 10 minutes