HDHomeRun Connect Quatro Stopping

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
Thunderclap

HDHomeRun Connect Quatro Stopping

Post by Thunderclap »

I’ve had a Connect Quatro for a few years and it’s worked relatively well. I haven’t used it much over the summer, but now that new shows are starting Internet system seems to have developed an issue.

I’ve tested the live stream on TCL Roku TV using the HDHomeRun, Emby and Plex apps, and all three will play fine for 2-3 minutes before getting hung up. On occasion it will continue to play before hanging again.

I’ve also attempted to view DVR recordings and Emby and Plex and the same thing happens with those.

Thinking it might be a Roku thing I tried the iOS Emby app but the same thing happens.

I’m not sure what changed, but I’d really like to get this resolved. Is there a known issue I haven’t seen, is my device dying, or is it something else?

Thank you.

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: HDHomeRun Connect Quatro Stopping

Post by jasonl »

Do you also see the same issue on the HDHomeRun app on iOS?

Thunderclap

Post by Thunderclap »

It’s not as bad. I noticed a few times the video paused but it managed to recover after a second or too.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl »

We would like to get some diagnostic data to see what is happening:
  1. In a web browser go to http://hdhomerun.local
    NOTE: That address will go do the first HDHomeRun device found on your network. If you have more than one HDHomeRun device, use the "device ID" printed on the bottom of the unit instead of "hdhomerun" in the address. For example, if your device ID was 104FFFFF then you would go to http://104fffff.local
  2. If it tells you that a firmware update is available, please install it
  3. Click "System Menu"
  4. Check the "Send diagnostic information" box (if this box is already checked, please un-check then re-check it)
  5. Go back one page
  6. Click "Channel Lineup"
  7. Click on "Detect Channels"
  8. After the scan finishes, open the HDHomeRun app on the iOS device
  9. Go into the app settings: the gear icon in the top right corner of the "Live/Recorded/Discover/Tasks" page
  10. Enable the option to "Send diagnostic information"
  11. Watch a problem channel for at least 10 minutes
Reply back and provide us the device ID of your HDHomeRun and we will check the logs. You can find the device ID on a label on the bottom of the HDHomeRun itself.

Thunderclap

Post by Thunderclap »

Done. I did 10 minutes on one channel, and then 10 minutes on another. Device ID: 10750CC9

Thank you.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Thunderclap wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:55 am Done. I did 10 minutes on one channel, and then 10 minutes on another. Device ID: 10750CC9

Thank you.
Did you see the issue during those two tests? The logs show really clean signal and no packet loss.

Thunderclap

Post by Thunderclap »

So after some more testing I’m thinking it’s the Ethernet cable between the router and the TV. When I go to Wi-Fi the issue goes away. I’ll keep testing and report back.