No video data available - Vinci

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
Vinci

No video data available - Vinci

Post by Vinci »

I'm incredibly frustrated with this device. Works fine when I don't really care, but as soon as I really want to watch a football game or something, it stops working with a "No Video Data Available" error. Not just on the channel I want, but on every channel. I'm using it on a Roku. It finds the device on the network, loads the channel guide and programming, then I get this error. I've tried firmware and software updates to both HD Homerun and the Roku. Also tried it on my iOS devices. Same issue.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: No video data available

Post by NedS »

We would like to get some diagnostic data:
  1. Please go to http://hdhomerun.local
  2. If it tells you that a firmware update is available, please install it
  3. Click System Status
  4. Check the Send diagnostic information box
  5. Go back one page
  6. Click Channel Lineup
  7. Click on Detect Channels

Reply back to this post and provide us the device ID of your HDHomeRun and we will check the logs. You can find the device ID on a label on the bottom of the HDHomeRun itself.

Vinci

Re: No video data available

Post by Vinci »

NedS wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:16 pm We would like to get some diagnostic data:
  1. Please go to http://hdhomerun.local
  2. If it tells you that a firmware update is available, please install it
  3. Click System Status
  4. Check the Send diagnostic information box
  5. Go back one page
  6. Click Channel Lineup
  7. Click on Detect Channels

Reply back to this post and provide us the device ID of your HDHomeRun and we will check the logs. You can find the device ID on a label on the bottom of the HDHomeRun itself.
OK, all done. Device ID from the link you posted above is 107B25FF. No firmware update was available (I did that last weekend) and of course today, when there is nothing on I want to watch, the device appears to be working just fine. Would you like for me to post the diagnostic log or can you see that history?

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: No video data available - Vinci

Post by jasonl »

Once you turn on the option to send diagnostic data we can see it. It will be on for 10 days then turn itself off. If you see problems within that time, just let us know when and we can take a look.