Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Re: Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Post by djp952 »

CockneyBoy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:41 am I am a bit off topic, but I think I have the best chances of help in this thread.
I am unable to renew my DVR subscription. I live in Germany.
The EU shop does not seem to work anymore and the US Site will not accept Germany.
My tickets with SD had little to no success.
Have you tried a post in the Software Setup & Troubleshooting thread (viewforum.php?f=119)? The SD folks here are usually quite responsive, and if there is a problem with the EU shop I'm sure they want to know :)
I realise it is a bit cheeky, but, Is there an international DVR alternative, which will operate with Kodi / Synology using the HDHR?
There should be lots of alternative options here, I think Plex and Emby are still very popular ones? I'm not sure how they work with the NAS, if it's a service/daemon like HDHR DVR or if you need a 24/7 system to do the heavy lifting. You'll probably have to poke around and see what's out there and how they need to be set up

CockneyBoy

Post by CockneyBoy »

Have you tried a post in the Software Setup & Troubleshooting thread (viewforum.php?f=119)? The SD folks here are usually quite responsive, and if there is a problem with the EU shop I'm sure they want to know :)

There should be lots of alternative options here, I think Plex and Emby are still very popular ones? I'm not sure how they work with the NAS, if it's a service/daemon like HDHR DVR or if you need a 24/7 system to do the heavy lifting. You'll probably have to poke around and see what's out there and how they need to be set up
Thanks for this, I have starting point and someting to follow up on.

SageMyth

Post by SageMyth »

I finally got around to installing LibreELEC (Matrix) 10.0.2 on my Raspberry Pi 4b (4GB RAM).
For some reason I cannot get the Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun client to run.

Here are the details.
Linux version 5.10.95 (jenkins@tsuboi) (aarch64-none-linux-gnu-gcc.real (GNU Toolchain for the A-profile Architecture 10.2-2020.11 (arm-10.16)) 10.2.1 20201103, GNU ld (GNU Toolchain for the A-profile Architecture 10.2-2020.11 (arm-10.16)) 2.35.1.20201028) #1 SMP Sat Mar 5 15:50:44 CET 2022
Machine model: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.1

zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-linux-aarch64-matrix-4.8.1.8078.zip
Add-on couldn't be loaded
An unknown error has occurred

Any ideas what is causing this?

CockneyBoy

Post by CockneyBoy »

I am not receiving EPG Data.
It works fine on HDHR Android App, but not in Kodi.
Do others have the same problem?

djp952

Post by djp952 »

CockneyBoy wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:17 am I am not receiving EPG Data.
Looks good here, can you go into Settings / PVR & Live TV / Client Specific / Client Specific Settings and check:

- List discovered devices. Make sure the tuner(s) say (DVR Authorized) after them. Also what does "Available Listings" say? I'm expecting zero
- List recent error messages

If there are Available Listings and no errors, first step would be to Clear Data, this purges and reloads Kodi's databases from the PVR database. Again, I'm expecting "Available Listings: 0", though.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

SageMyth wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:40 am I finally got around to installing LibreELEC (Matrix) 10.0.2 on my Raspberry Pi 4b (4GB RAM).

Here are the details.
Linux version 5.10.95 (jenkins@tsuboi) (aarch64-none-linux-gnu-gcc.real (GNU Toolchain for the A-profile Architecture 10.2-2020.11 (arm-10.16)) 10.2.1 20201103, GNU ld (GNU Toolchain for the A-profile Architecture 10.2-2020.11 (arm-10.16)) 2.35.1.20201028) #1 SMP Sat Mar 5 15:50:44 CET 2022

It could be that you need the linux-armel or linux-armhf version instead. The addon has to match the architecture of Kodi, and it's not uncommon to need the 32-bit version. I would try linux-armhf first.

If that's still a no-go, if you can tell me what specific OS you are running and where Kodi came from on it, I have a Pi 4 that I can set up to mimic the environment. It's always possible that there is something new to support!

SageMyth

Post by SageMyth »

djp952 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:11 pm
SageMyth wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:40 am I finally got around to installing LibreELEC (Matrix) 10.0.2 on my Raspberry Pi 4b (4GB RAM).

Here are the details.

It could be that you need the linux-armel or linux-armhf version instead. The addon has to match the architecture of Kodi, and it's not uncommon to need the 32-bit version. I would try linux-armhf first.

If that's still a no-go, if you can tell me what specific OS you are running and where Kodi came from on it, I have a Pi 4 that I can set up to mimic the environment. It's always possible that there is something new to support!
I am using the version of Kodi that came with LibreELEC 10.0.2 on the Raspberry Pi 4.
I just tried the "armhf" version and it worked!
My thinking was the add-on should match the kernel which is aarch64, but I was wrong.
I now know that the add-on has to match the arch of Kodi.
Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

SageMyth wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:45 pm Thanks for steering me in the right direction.
Absolutely no problem, I'm sincerely happy that it ended up being the right answer :)

CockneyBoy

Post by CockneyBoy »

djp952 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:08 pm
Looks good here, can you go into Settings / PVR & Live TV / Client Specific / Client Specific Settings and check:

- List discovered devices. Make sure the tuner(s) say (DVR Authorized) after them. Also what does "Available Listings" say? I'm expecting zero

If there are Available Listings and no errors, first step would be to Clear Data, this purges and reloads Kodi's databases from the PVR database. Again, I'm expecting "Available Listings: 0", though.
Sorry, I did not realise that one needed DVR for EPG, I thought only for recording.
My subscription stopped end of August, I guess I had 14 days grace or so.
BUT
SD informed me today, that they have put Germany back on the map, so I was able to renew today.
Hopefully everything will be back to normal soon and my grandchildren will stop their funny comments !

djp952

Post by djp952 »

CockneyBoy wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:01 pm
djp952 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:08 pm

Sorry, I did not realise that one needed DVR for EPG, I thought only for recording.
My subscription stopped end of August, I guess I had 14 days grace or so.
BUT
SD informed me today, that they have put Germany back on the map, so I was able to renew today.
Hopefully everything will be back to normal soon and my grandchildren will stop their funny comments !
Please let me know if the renewal does not solve the EPG problem. I have no advice to give as to the grandchildren, I'm not there yet, but my 8. yr.-old has become "me" and is 100% snarky/sarcastic in nature - LOL

djp952

Post by djp952 »

The Kodi addon needs a long overdue dependency refresh and a Matrix API update; is there anything else I should be looking into for you guys/gals? Seems like this has been working really well for everyone lately?

NOTE: I have decided to sever any ties I have/had with Team Kodi as a "contributor" a few months back and am no longer willing to work/submit any Pull Requests against Kodi. I am, however, still willing to open and assist with documenting Issues for Team Kodi to address as they arise. I just won't allow any such Issues to become "my problem" to solve.

SageMyth

Post by SageMyth »

djp952 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:03 pm The Kodi addon needs a long overdue dependency refresh and a Matrix API update; is there anything else I should be looking into for you guys/gals? Seems like this has been working really well for everyone lately?
The add-on has been working well for me on a Sony Android TV.
But I was wondering if there was a way to force an update/refresh of the recordings list other than exiting Kodi and restarting.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

SageMyth wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:31 am
djp952 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:03 pm The Kodi addon needs a long overdue dependency refresh and a Matrix API update; is there anything else I should be looking into for you guys/gals? Seems like this has been working really well for everyone lately?
But I was wondering if there was a way to force an update/refresh of the recordings list other than exiting Kodi and restarting.
It does it automatically on a timer, but you can force the issue (requires a few clicks, though):

Settings > PVR & Live TV > Client specific > Client specific settings > Trigger recording discovery

You can also reduce the interval that the timer operates on, it defaults to 10 minutes but can set as low as 30 seconds:

Settings > Addons > My addons > PVR Clients > HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client > Configure > Discovery Intervals > Recordings

All the settings are documented here: https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... i/Settings

SageMyth

Post by SageMyth »

djp952 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:57 pm
SageMyth wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:31 am
It does it automatically on a timer, but you can force the issue (requires a few clicks, though):

Settings > PVR & Live TV > Client specific > Client specific settings > Trigger recording discovery

You can also reduce the interval that the timer operates on, it defaults to 10 minutes but can set as low as 30 seconds:

Settings > Addons > My addons > PVR Clients > HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client > Configure > Discovery Intervals > Recordings

All the settings are documented here: https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... i/Settings
Thank you. Just what I wanted.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

SageMyth wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:32 pm Thank you. Just what I wanted.
May I inquire as to why you needed the Recordings data to update more frequently? Kodi does not have many places where I might be able to inject something that would implicitly refresh the Recordings from the backend, and I admit refreshing Recordings is a lot more time consuming than it once was for the addon, but if I am able to understand the need there is always the possibility that I will find a new trick to play :)