HDHOMERUN FLEX 4K WORK WITH ROKU APP TO PLAY ATSC 3.0

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
txpacfan

HDHOMERUN FLEX 4K WORK WITH ROKU APP TO PLAY ATSC 3.0

Post by txpacfan »

I have been a satisfied Tablo customer for the last 7 years but with the coming of ATSC 3.0 and the fact that my Tablo is now 7 years old I am now looking at all my options. One of my local stations will begin broadcasting in ATSC 3.0 next week and I would like to take advantage of the better reception promised by ATSC 3.0. Currently I have 5 TVs in my home using Roku's to view recordings from my Tablo. However, the new Tablo Quatro does not have the capability to stream ATSC 3.0 content. So my question is, would the HDHomerun Flex 4 be a drop in replacement for my Tablo with the ability to stream recordings on my home network through the Roku Apps. And would it stream the ATSC 3.0 content as well.

Thanks
Jim

nickk
Silicondust

Re: HDHOMERUN FLEX 4K WORK WITH ROKU APP TO PLAY ATSC 3.0

Post by nickk »

Hi,

You need latest gen Roku Ultra in order to play ATSC 3.0 content. We are expanding features on the Roku app - right now you can watch live TV and recordings but you need to use an iPhone or Android phone to schedule recordings.

Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, or XBox One are all fully featured for ATSC 3.0 with the HDHomeRun.

Nick

txpacfan

Post by txpacfan »

Thanks for the quick reply. My main TV in my livingroom is a Roku TV. Is there anyway I can tell if it will work? Maybe check a software level or something? Must use the Ultra because it has Dolby capability?

Jim

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

txpacfan wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:51 am Thanks for the quick reply. My main TV in my livingroom is a Roku TV. Is there anyway I can tell if it will work? Maybe check a software level or something? Must use the Ultra because it has Dolby capability?
The specific feature needed is AC-4 audio support... it might be on the Roku webpage for this model or you might need to google along with the model number.

Nick