New channels scanned in by Homerun box

Want to write your own code to work with a HDHomeRun or work with the HDHomeRun DVR? We are happy to help with concepts, APIs, best practices.
Mountaineer007

New channels scanned in by Homerun box

Post by Mountaineer007 »

Does the Homerun boxes listen for new channel signal and scan them in when signal is strong enough automatically. I was looking for a way to update my channel scan list.

nickk
Silicondust

Re: New channels scanned in by Homerun box

Post by nickk »

The HDHomeRun does a background channel scan when idle roughly every 3 days. The scan is additive only.

You can run a scan yourself from the HDHomeRun app Settings menu or from the device webpage: http://hdhomerun.local/lineup.html

Nick

gtb
Expert

Post by gtb »

nickk wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:11 pm The HDHomeRun does a background channel scan when idle roughly every 3 days. The scan is additive only.
SD keeps saying that (that it is additive only) even though there is proof by example ( viewtopic.php?t=76416 ) that that is not the case.

Since no one of consequence from SD has ever responded to that post, the facts speak for themselves, and *something* in the tuner is deleting channels.

IRT to the referenced post, either SD does not know what happened, in which case SD needs to improve your FFDC(*), or if SD does understand it the bug needs to be squashed, both probably requiring a new firmware release.

Either way, SD needs to stop claiming a provably false statement that the background scan is additive only until a fix is properly shipped.

(*) FFDC = First Failure Data Capture, a term first coined in the 1980's which represented capturing sufficient data to understand the causes for random anomalies, for you may not have another chance for quite some time.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

Cablecards can be different as there are certain things going on in oob (I believe including lack/loss of oob) that also change the lineup.