Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client (old)

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Post by nickk »

Interesting that cURL didn't follow the redirect.

Best to change any access of api.hdhomerun.com to https.

Nick

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Post by djp952 »

This will take a while to fix guys, sorry. Will have to retool it to use Kodi for all https operations since building curl with https genetically on anything but windows is prohibitive.. Still in Florida until tomorrow but ... Yeah. Groovyness.

Phrede

Post by Phrede »

Understood

CockneyBoy

Post by CockneyBoy »

Hi Mike,

I have a strange problem. Yesterday when I tried to record then I got a message telling me I need a DVR service subscription.
Which of course I have - and is active.
I saw on the SD site that a new firmware was available. I updated but no change

All existing timers (tasks?) still work and I am able to record over the android app without any problem.

I have copied out the log file, but not sure how to send it !

European EXPAND based in Germany.

Regards
John

I

timecutter

Post by timecutter »

CockneyBoy wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:37 pm Hi Mike,

I have a strange problem. Yesterday when I tried to record then I got a message telling me I need a DVR service subscription.
Which of course I have - and is active.
I saw on the SD site that a new firmware was available. I updated but no change

All existing timers (tasks?) still work and I am able to record over the android app without any problem.

I have copied out the log file, but not sure how to send it !

European EXPAND based in Germany.

Regards
John

I
SiliconDust changed their API over to use https instead of http and the plugin has to be changed to accommodate that. He is out of town so it will be a little later before a fix is issued. Best bet for now is to schedule timers using other apps and wait for the fix to be published.

CockneyBoy

Post by CockneyBoy »

@timecutter

Thanks for the info.

ctviggen

Post by ctviggen »

Shoot...this is the same error I'm getting. I guess I'll have to check in later.

Phrede

Post by Phrede »

Do I get a prize for being first? :lol: :lol: This is what happens when people go on vacation. Murphy's law.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

I'm back and getting started now. I also saw an Issue on GitHub with timeshift now being broken in the latest firmware/software? I'll back-burner that one and leave my tuners/DVR at their current versions and try to stop the https: bleeding ASAP for you guys ASAP.

I think this will end up needing to be done in phases based on past difficulties. I can fix Windows builds first, then Android, and will see where we stand with GNU Linux / MacOS. I'm hopeful that since Kodi needs libssl that I can just punt on GNU and MacOS and assume that it's available for dynamic loading rather than going back down the rabbit hole of the past trying to come up with a prebuilt "one size fits all" libssl build, which was why the addon can't do https: today :)

Worst case is to rearchitect some things I'd prefer not to since I'd have to get rid of some nice optimizations in here and just route these GET/POST requests through Kodi's in-built cURL. Note that this wouldn't kill Leia, I can still get to what I need on that platform.

This won't be immediate, but I will do my best to expedite things. I'm down too!!

This feels like a scene from Airplane! ... "I picked a heck of a week to actually try getting a life" :) LOL

ctviggen

Post by ctviggen »

What's happening on my system is that the recordings I've set up are still being done, but I can't select anything new to record and I can't play anything. I can get out of Kodi and use a different player to view the recordings, though.

By the way, thanks for setting this up. This really is quite an achievement, and has worked flawlessly until now, and this situation is due to a change in software.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Yeah, it's a mess at the moment :)

Got it mostly working on Windows, which is a good start, but ran into a SNAFU with one of the APIs, I've reached out to NickK for assistance there since I can't send anything out with what I did to fix that. Next up is Android ...

DornoDios
Device ID: 107C3D26

Post by DornoDios »

Thanks so much for your hard work. I went to record the NFL games in Kodi when I got the same error message as everyone else.

My subscription just happened to end 19 hours from the time I noticed this error so I just paid for it early, but obviously that didn't work, lol.

I'll record the game with the Windows 10 app and just watch the files off the NAS with my preferred media player as usual. My mother is the one who watches shows via Kodi, but I can copy the recordings she wants to view elsewhere until this is sorted.

Once again thanks so much for all your hard work. It makes this product SO much better than it would otherwise be in my opinion.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

You're very welcome. I am sincerely upset about this unexpected need to "retool" things and feel sad/bad for all of us that are "stuck" at the moment. I am making progress with rectifying this mess, but I'm running into many of the same problems I did back in 2017 that caused me to omit SSL/TLS support in the first place :(

As of this moment, I have all the GNU Linux and Android builds ... building ... but are generally untested. I think I need to add a GitHub "Discussion" that shows a matrix of where I am and what I've been able to test. I thought I was good on Windows, but it turns out that I wasn't and ended up killing that. Desktop Windows was easy, UWP/XBOX is hard and requires incorporating OpenSSL; I'm driving things to that end and hope to get at least an "alpha" out to you all in the next 24-48 hours.

I sincerely feel that this needs a minimum of 36-48 hours longer to deal with for most platforms**; and sadly, once that is done, I apparently need to figure out what the new firmware/software did that killed timeshifitng :(

This is totally not going how I envisioned it to, and I am also really behind on PMs from NickK and SiliconDust, not to mention the 300+ emails I've gotten telling me this damn thing is broken again.

May I repeat that this is "a mess"??

CockneyBoy

Post by CockneyBoy »

You may,
but lets not forget - it is not your 'mess'.

Allow me to also add my thanks for your efforts during these difficult days.

titantractor271

Post by titantractor271 »

So watching all these posts, I just installed Kodi Matrix on my firestick. I temporarily used one of the HDHomerun installs, no rush but when this is fixed I intend to check this out. Is this thread ok to ask questions about Kodi and HDHomerun? Being 94 pages, it's daunting to get through this thread. I will comment my first impression of Kodi Matrix (I used an old version starting in June 2018 - I did not have a DVR) it is very organized and I like that I can be watching a show along with touring other media sources (I miss PIP).