Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client (old)

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Re: Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Post by djp952 »

bds3151 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:48 pm I had the issues come back! But I solved them again with a kodi add on called IPTV Merge. It all works now and seems consistent.
Will check that out and see if there is anything I can do on my end to prevent the problem :) Nice find!!!

emveepee

Post by emveepee »

djp952 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:50 pm I've found that the "File" sort works best overall for this addon as it will (silently) take into account the Season and Episode numbers (when available) and pretty much do the right thing ... have you tried this sort?
Matrix nightlies and Nexus now have Episode sorting.

Martin

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Dude, I could swear at one point I suggested that exact change and got slammed for it - LOL. Whatever works!! Thanks ksooo!

hjerald1

Post by hjerald1 »

I have the ONN. Android TV UHD box. I successfully loaded Kodi 19.3 and the HDhomerun PVR. Then I wanted to add the Sling TV add-on in order to integrate the Sling and HDhomerun guides. That's when the troubles began. I guess because I'm using the latest Kodi release?
I'm thinking somewhere in this lengthy thread there is a mention of an updated Sling add-on compatible with Kodi 19.3? Can someone point me to it and then add some pointers on how to get it installed and working on my device?
Thanks.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

hjerald1 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:51 am I'm thinking somewhere in this lengthy thread there is a mention of an updated Sling add-on compatible with Kodi 19.3? Can someone point me to it and then add some pointers on how to get it installed and working on my device?
Thanks.
The sling video addon that was discussed is here: https://github.com/d21spike/plugin.video.sling, there is supporting documentation as well. I didn't find it easy to set up, per-se, and based on prior feedback you might want to nuke Kodi first and rebuild it to avoid issues, but ultimately, I got it to work in conjunction with the PVR addon "just fine". Granted, I started from scratch.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

FYI for Kodi "Nexus" users, I heard that some folks on the Kodi forums were looking for an update, so I cut the first formal Nexus build for this project:

https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... xus-(20.x)

Other than the version number jumping from "4" to "20" instead of the anticipated "5" to follow current Kodi addon versioning standards, this is the same code as the Leia/Matrix 3.7.0/4.7.0 versions with no enhancements. It does have a bump to the SQLite database engine that Leia/Matrix do not have yet, and the Windows stuff was updated to Visual Studio 2022, but I did my due diligence there and do not anticipate any problems.

While I get back into this and update Leia/Matrix for Visual Studio 2022 builds, the only thing I anticipate being released as "3.7.1/4.7.1/20.7.1" are dependency updates to cURL and SQLite.

Please note that the Nexus version 20.7.0 requires a Kodi Nightly build from January 2, 2022 (or newer) to function. Such is how things go with pre-release things :(

ferrellsl

Post by ferrellsl »

For Kodi users who want a Matrix build that also supports HEVC/AC-4, you can download the installer from here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/735ttiejrq48v ... p.exe?dl=0

This build was created using the official github source release for 19.3 and compiled against an experimental version of ffmpeg that supports HEVC/AC-4. It has been tested with both the Zuki Add-on and the NextPVR Add-on by Graeme Blackley without any issues.

hjerald1

Post by hjerald1 »

djp952 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:32 pm
hjerald1 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:51 am I'm thinking somewhere in this lengthy thread there is a mention of an updated Sling add-on compatible with Kodi 19.3? Can someone point me to it and then add some pointers on how to get it installed and working on my device?
Thanks.
The sling video addon that was discussed is here: https://github.com/d21spike/plugin.video.sling, there is supporting documentation as well. I didn't find it easy to set up, per-se, and based on prior feedback you might want to nuke Kodi first and rebuild it to avoid issues, but ultimately, I got it to work in conjunction with the PVR addon "just fine". Granted, I started from scratch.
Thanks dpj952,
Following the link you provided, I downloaded the zip file on my computer. But now I can't undestand how to get it into Kodi, which is on the ONN. android TV box connected to my TV. Both the PC and ONN. box are on the same network. Sorry for being dense :roll: , but I need some more help.
Thanks

djp952

Post by djp952 »

hjerald1 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:13 pm
Thanks.
Thanks dpj952,
Following the link you provided, I downloaded the zip file on my computer. But now I can't undestand how to get it into Kodi, which is on the ONN. android TV box connected to my TV. Both the PC and ONN. box are on the same network. Sorry for being dense :roll: , but I need some more help.
Thanks
It can be ... complicated. This guide I found is seemingly pretty easy to follow and accurate: https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/02/2 ... ndroid-tv/. You're not installing a APK, but the procedures are effectively identical up until the last step. Instead of "adb install" you want to "adb push {zipfile} /sdcard/". This should get the .zip file to show up in the Kodi "install from zip file" browser somewhere. I think "external storage"?

If the TV has a USB port, you can try that first, but I have my doubts as to if a USB stick will show up as something browsable or not.

A third way would be to install some type of browser app on the TV and download the .zip that way. I have no suggestions there, though.

If none of this was useful at all, the google search I might start with is "push files to android tv" or something similar

hjerald1

Post by hjerald1 »

hjerald1 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:13 pm

Thanks dpj952,
Thanks

It can be ... complicated. This guide I found is seemingly pretty easy to follow and accurate: https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/02/2 ... ndroid-tv/. You're not installing a APK, but the procedures are effectively identical up until the last step. Instead of "adb install" you want to "adb push {zipfile} /sdcard/". This should get the .zip file to show up in the Kodi "install from zip file" browser somewhere. I think "external storage"?

If the TV has a USB port, you can try that first, but I have my doubts as to if a USB stick will show up as something browsable or not.

A third way would be to install some type of browser app on the TV and download the .zip that way. I have no suggestions there, though.

If none of this was useful at all, the google search I might start with is "push files to android tv" or something similar
[/quote]

Well, I got the zip loaded in Kodi using the link you provided. Now when I try install from zip in Kodid I get an error, "failed to install, invalid structure". Looked at log and just shows the same failed message.
By the way I also tried to get the zip file into Kodi using Windows file transfer and Windows SMB but they didn't work. Even though my PC and ONN box show connected, no transfer happens. Can't find a web browser for Kodi. Web View add-on appears gone. What a mess :o

djp952

Post by djp952 »

That error indicates that the .zip file, or the contents within, aren't correct.

Let's move backwards a bit ... what is the underlying Android version and Kodi version we are working with here? It's possible you just grabbed the wrong .zip for the platform.

In Kodi, what do you see if you go into Settings / System Information / Summary for the following values?
  • Operating System
  • Version info / Build (note: at the bottom of this window)
If you are able to grab the Kodi log you have referenced and send it to me, I can also determine this from that. I can PM you an e-mail address, but honestly, just add an @gmail.com to my username, and I'll get it :)

I apologize for not providing a slam-dunk set of steps here; nobody has had a problem with Android is quite a while. You should have been here when Kodi Krypton was a thing -- talk about a mess!

djp952

Post by djp952 »

FYI, I will be gone for the next week and intend to ignore everything and everyone during that time :) There are updates to the PVR client in the pipeline, but all are FOSS updates.

I promise to check in when I get back. Assuming I survive, of course :)

Phrede

Post by Phrede »

I know you are gone at the moment. I hope you survived. :) When you get back and check in...

I get a "Could not save timer" error when attempting to set a recording/timer from the guide.

The Windows HDHomerun app works fine.
Thoughts? Ideas?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

My guess is it doesn't support the redirect to https... nickk had mentioned the change in development today that until 2023 it should redirect but the api calls would need to use https (though he mentioned specifically for guide) but "should" redirect gracefully.

I'm basing this off what nickk reported today and that it was an http address being requested rather than https

Phrede

Post by Phrede »

Thanks, that fits.