ATSC 3.0 Los Angeles Audio Issue (no audio) on Fox 111.1

ATSC 3.0 Forum
DSperber

Re: ATSC 3.0 Los Angeles Audio Issue (no audio) on Fox 111.1

Post by DSperber »

nickk wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:28 am The fix applies to new content (live TV and new recordings). Any existing recording that defaults to Spanish will still default to Spanish.

Can you please try live TV...
I'd misunderstood the role and timing played by the firmware, in terms of when the language indicator got inserted. My mistake.

For what's on right now, it DOES appear to be selecting the English 5.1 audio by default when watching live TV, at least using the Windows app which is all I've tried at the moment. I've tried both 105.1 and 111.1.

I've cleaned out all content from my Recordings folder, to start entirely anew and with no distractions. I've set another recording for that program on 105.1 for tonight so that I will be able to conveniently test all clients whenever I want. I shall look again tonight, to confirm that this latest firmware fix has indeed truly resolved the language issue on recordings as well, on all clients.

parker38

Post by parker38 »

The audio on both tracks for 111.1 is a garbled mess for me today. Tried both Android and Windows and it's all noise.

Device ID: 10800A4B
30 sec capture

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Thanks for the capture. Problem reproduced. Not seeing any processing error so it may be a problem with the broadcast. I will continue to test.