Replacing HDHR Windows Server - questions

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
KNKLHEAD

Replacing HDHR Windows Server - questions

Post by KNKLHEAD »

Hi. I'd like to upgrade my HDHR server to a new, faster computer. Do I just go ahead, take the current HDHR server off-line, install on new system? Will the clients just see the new device on the network?

Thanks! John

jph1589
Device ID: 1067721F, 15301D52

Re: Replacing HDHR Windows Server - questions

Post by jph1589 »

Buy one of the Servio's. It is the best purchase I have ever made. I no longer have to have any DVR software running on my computer and all of my existing tasks transferred automatically.The DVR software is internal to the Servio along with 2GB of storage space for recordings. I plugged it in and turned it on about 6 months ago and havent had to touch it since then.I also dont have to worry if my computer is on or not. The Servio does everything. For a very minimal investment of about $100 you can't go wrong.

https://www.silicondust.com/product/hdhomerun-servio/

Just my two cents.

KNKLHEAD

Post by KNKLHEAD »

Wow. I had no idea. So this literally plugs into the network, replacing Windows 10 DVR machine 100%? I believe this is slightly different, want to be sure that all the clients in the house (Windows PCs, Chromebooks, Android phones) still have accessibility, as well? My original thought was to speed up the serving capabilities. I may be in! I use JellyFish to serve up regional football games live on the same Windows machine over the internet, so I'm not sure I can go to servio, but happy to look into it further.

jph1589
Device ID: 1067721F, 15301D52

Post by jph1589 »

I access mine via Windows 10 or iMac or Ipad or Iphone. I dont have any experience with Android clients but I have no reason to think they would be any different. All of the recording tasks you currently have set up will be transferred automatically when you plug in the Servio because they are all stored on a SD server somewhere. The changeover is really simple.