Hardware Failure Connect Quatro Circuit Board Clad Crack

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
davesradio

Hardware Failure Connect Quatro Circuit Board Clad Crack

Post by davesradio »

I am a retired Electrical Engineer and my HD Home-Run Connect Quatro unexpectedly failed, no power light (Red) and no internet connectivity light (Green). Since the unit was out of warranty, I removed the circuit board from the black plastic case of the HD Home-Run Connect Quatro and inspecting the circuit board where I discovered a crack in the copper clad trace on the circuit board's +5 vdc bus to power jack solder tab. It appears the copper clad on the plus 5vdc power bus was too thin or lack of anchoring the power jack to the circuit board causing a cold working of the copper clad inducing a crack failure. The power jack to the circuit board is not anchored leaving the solder tabs to carry the load of plugging and unplugging into the jack on the circuit board. Possible solution in future production that may solve failure would be to anchor the power jack to the circuit board using epoxy so the copper clad to the circuit board does not carry any of the physical load to reduce the chance of cold working the copper clad. Does anyone have any other suggestions to reduce this failure?

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Hardware Failure Connect Quatro Circuit Board Clad Crack

Post by nickk »

Ouch.

We can repair that - file a quick trouble ticket.

Nick

JDazell

Post by JDazell »

Nick,

I have a duo which, after just over a year and a half, experienced the same issue with the power connector solder trace on the board. I have been contemplating trying to fix it myself but the foil trace bonding issue concerned me. So I have just let it sit.

I have opened a Trouble Ticket.

brodbeck

Post by brodbeck »

I am having the same issue. How do we get this resolved?

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

brodbeck wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:35 pm I am having the same issue. How do we get this resolved?
File a quick trouble ticket - we will get it taken care of.

Nick