HDHomerun does not work on onn. Android TV Streaming Device

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
though

HDHomerun does not work on onn. Android TV Streaming Device

Post by though »

Works perfectly on my Pixel 4 XL, Shield TV, and Tivo Stream 4K but does not playback video/sound just a black screen on the onn. streaming device.

For reference: https://www.walmart.com/ip/onn-Android- ... /636597403

nickk
Silicondust

Re: HDHomerun does not work on onn. Android TV Streaming Device

Post by nickk »

Hi,

We have both the ONN stick and the ONN box in our QA environment - both are supported and work with the HDHomeRun app.

First, make sure that all updates are installed - both the Android system and the HDHomeRun app.

Next, please turn on "send diagnostic information" from within the HDHomeRun app and try playing a channel. Let it sit for a few minutes then reply back with the Device ID of your HDHomeRun.

Nick

though

Post by though »

nickk wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:49 am Hi,

We have both the ONN stick and the ONN box in our QA environment - both are supported and work with the HDHomeRun app.

First, make sure that all updates are installed - both the Android system and the HDHomeRun app.

Next, please turn on "send diagnostic information" from within the HDHomeRun app and try playing a channel. Let it sit for a few minutes then reply back with the Device ID of your HDHomeRun.

Nick
Ok I will do this now and report back.

though

Post by though »

nickk wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:49 am Next, please turn on "send diagnostic information" from within the HDHomeRun app and try playing a channel. Let it sit for a few minutes then reply back with the Device ID of your HDHomeRun.
Nick
Ok I've been trying to get it to go and it won't. Device ID: 1080F671

I also took a video of trying to get it to start up if it helps. Let me know. Thanks

foxbat121
Device ID: 131087C9, 13233B7C

Post by foxbat121 »

No problem here. I have two and both work with DRM channels and 4K channels. Try a different HDMI cable if you can. For $20, the included HDMI cable won't be high quality if you connect it to a 4K TV.

If all your channels are DRMed, try enable location permission to the HDHR app before you launch it. Also, it helps to force stop the app before you launch the app if it was unsuccessful before.

though

Post by though »

@nickk I just did a Clear Data and relaunched the app and all appears to be well!

Did you find anything interesting in the Diagnostics or was it just a fluke deal?

Thanks