Xbox Issues with Homerun

ATSC 3.0 Forum
nwagner11

Xbox Issues with Homerun

Post by nwagner11 »

I am using the SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex 4K ATSC 3.0 NextGen TV: 2/4 Tuners HDFX-4K and am having an issue getting audio from my Xboxes. This is just for notification purposes as I also have FireTV cubes (2nd generation) that work fine for 3.0. Here are my setups and the issues (all xboxes are using the HDHomeRun app)

1. Xbox One X with a Denon 3313C (Non-Atmos) AVR - Regular stations work well (Audio and Video). 3.0 stations do not have any audio but video works fine.
2. Xbox Series S with a Polk Soundbar (Non-Atmos) - Regular stations work well (Audio and Video). 3.0 stations do not have any audio but video works fine.
3. Xbox Series X with Denon X3300W (Atmos capable AVR with Atmos setup configured both on the Xbox and the AVR) - Regular stations along with 3.0 stations work well (Audio and Video).

I have tried the different audio setups in the xboxes with no sound using 3.0 stations, but that does nothing. The interesting thing , as mentioned above, is that all of the setups above each have a FireTV cube hooked up to them and all of the fireTV's play regular and 3.0 stations Audio and Video with no issues and no changes to audio setups.

I am guessing that the AC-4 audio support is the issue, but I just thought it was weird that the firetv's work without issue, while the xboxes have to send Atmos out before you can hear anything.

I am in the Washington, DC area. Looks like their are currently 7 3.0 channels being broadcast at this time.