Cannot Install DVR on Asustor NAS after Upgrade to ADM 4.0

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
da_shed

Cannot Install DVR on Asustor NAS after Upgrade to ADM 4.0

Post by da_shed »

Hi,

I have been running the HD HomeRun DVR on an Asustor NAS for well over a year. Last week, I upgraded the NAS to v4.0 of the ADM operating system. After the upgrade, I am not able to install the DVR with the Windows installer. I verified that SSH is enabled on the NAS, and I can log onto the NAS using the SSH protocol using Putty. When I try to install the DVR, I receive the following error message:

Model: Windows Media Connect compatible (MiniDLNA)
SSH Enabled: No
Please enable SSH access on port 22

The previous versions of the ADM OS used the UPnP app v1 instead of miniDLNA., but the app was removed during the upgrade to ADM 4.0 due to compatibility issues. UPnP v2 and miniDLNA are both installed on the NAS, but the DVR installer is not detecting that SSH is active.

I cannot revert to ADM 3.x, because the NAS does not support OS downgrades. This may be a Silicon Dust software issue. I did a complete system reset on the NAS to ensue that there were no leftovers from ADM 3.x that might be causing the problem, but that did not help. This may be a compatibility issue between miniDLNA and the Windows DVR installer, or maybe just an incompatibility with the SSH implementation in ADM 4.0. Any suggestions to resolve this installer problem would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Cannot Install DVR on Asustor NAS after Upgrade to ADM 4.0

Post by nickk »

I ordered a Asustor NAS to test - should arrive tomorrow.

Nick

craigsimcik

Post by craigsimcik »

I too have upgraded my Asustor (AS1002t) to ADM4.0 and now have the same issue. Is it Silicon Dust that has the issue? I can connect to a Seagate NAS showing SSH enabled but I still cannot seem to record. Any help would be appreciated.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

craigsimcik wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:43 pm I too have upgraded my Asustor (AS1002t) to ADM4.0 and now have the same issue. Is it Silicon Dust that has the issue? I can connect to a Seagate NAS showing SSH enabled but I still cannot seem to record. Any help would be appreciated.
Nick is working on fixing the Windows-to-NAS installer, but we don't have an ETA on when that will be done. However, you can use an alternative installation method. Forum user (and friend to NAS users everywhere) demonrik has packaged the HDHomeRun DVR in a normal Asustor package, and also has a Docker image:

viewtopic.php?t=70948

viewtopic.php?t=73757